Girlfriend [25] just texted me [24] after breaking up with me 2 weeks ago.

PLane1375

Ex girlfriend [22 F] of 8 months broke up with me [23 M] 2 weeks ago. She just texted me, and I don't know what to think.

My girlfriend broke up with me 2 weeks ago. She was the one that decided to end the relationship. It happened pretty suddenly so I have been pretty upset and hurt over it for the past 2 weeks.

We go to school together, so we see each other in classes but she's kind of made it a point then to avoid me, other than the occasional wave hello for the past 2 weeks.

Yesterday she texted me out of the blue, and asked me how I was doing and what I was up to, just small talk. It struck me as kind of odd, since she spent so long avoiding me.

So today, I asked her if she had something on her mind when she texted me yesterday. I asked her if she had thought about the relationship at all, and she said "yes, but I haven't really changed my mind." She also said "I miss spending time with you, but I doesn't know if things will change."

We started out as good friends before getting together, and I know she still wants to be friends, but I'm obviously not over her yet, and I let her know that. I told her it'd be hard for me to spend time with her right now, and that I just need more time to move on. The relationship had gotten pretty serious in that 8 months. We met each other's parents and what not.

What do you guys think? Is she still not sure or does she really just want to be friends? She's never given a definitive "no I won't change my mind" or "Things won't change". She always uses words like "I haven't really changed my mind" or "I don't think things will change", and I keep getting hung up on that.

What do you guys think? Is it strange that she told me she missed spending time with me just two weeks after a break up? If there's still hope there, of course I don't want to give up yet, but I want to move on too if need be, and as soon as possible, these past 2 weeks have been really difficult.

Unfortunately it sounds like friendzone communication. This is pretty clear that reconciling is not on her mind: "I haven't really changed my mind" or "I don't think things will change".

We started out as good friends before getting together and I know she still wants to be friends, but I'm obviously not over her yet, and I let her know that. Is she still not sure or does she really just want to be friends?

Archived