Why is it so hard to let go?

Keeping Sane

Why is it so hard to let go even though you're not the one at fault?

It's been two weeks with no contact. I've been trying to keep busy and distracted through work, workouts, and outings. But the moment I stop, my mind starts to flourish with memories of him: both good and bad. It hurts and it's mentally exhausting.

All I can think of is "improper closure." We just blatantly stopped talking. We never talked about why things failed and what he or "we" would like to do. There was just no communication.

I thought I was doing fine keeping busy. But more often than not, I'm at a stand still thinking, making me sad and cry.

The majority might say, "you just need time," but this scares me from ever dating or getting into a relationship again. The hurt is just too great.

And so I'd like to know, what are your ways to cope with a broken heart?

How long did you date for?

It's only been two weeks, you'll need longer than that to get over it.

Keeping a busy social life always worked for me in the past. But you also need to allow yourself alone time to grief and feel your feelings. Keeping it in all the time won't help it go away.

But yes, more than anything else, you just need time.

How long did you date for?

It's only been two weeks, you'll need longer than that to get over it.

Keeping a busy social life always worked for me in the past. But you also need to allow yourself alone time to grief and feel your feelings. Keeping it in all the time won't help it go away.

But yes, more than anything else, you just need time.

Hi notalady - we dated for a year. Things fell apart when I wanted to "define the relationship." I put another post about my whole story about a week ago(?). All this seemed like it happened so quick and the thought of failing was unforeseeable.

Hi notalady - we dated for a year. Things fell apart when I wanted to "define the relationship." I put another post about my whole story about a week ago(?). All this seemed like it happened so quick and the thought of failing was unforeseeable.

Without reading your other thread, I'd say it was totally foreseeable if you only got around to defining the relationship after a year of dating! Next time, give it a few months at most and make sure you know where you both stand before proceeding.

I am going through a seperation now. And i can understand its not easy losing the one you love. I recently started dating, had a great date this past weekend, was all smiles. But this morning the thought and memories of my ex came and i starting weeping and falling back into depression. Other than keeping busy, the best advice to heal is to seek spiritual healing. Seek Gods word as he can heal all things.

Archived