Getting up in the morning

canonind

Lately I am not sure why I should get up in the morning.

I just get up because I have to.

How do other people do it?

I'd think one has to have something in their lives, in their day, or in their future that motivates them. I cannot find any...

Of course, there are moments when I am just in a good mood. Even though I am having the exact same things ahead of me as usually, I am just feeling powerful, optimist, happy.

But I came to realize that those moments are somewhat empty - there's no actual reason for me to be like that, it's just some illusion.

For example, the other day in the back of my mind, I got the picture of me flying a two-seat airplane with someone I know. That someone is not going to fly with me, as we don't have such a relationship, I don't have a plane, and I should not be even thinking about her. But somehow, after this false image, I felt happy for like a few hours...

It feels like I have been jumping from fix to fix, just like you jump from stone to stone crossing a river - keeping me over the water. It's been like not thinking about what's now, what's in the future, but being in a purple cloud that shields me from real things.

But like I said, I came to see that it has not been real 'happiness' - when I look at actually what's ahead, what's now, not finding anything that I actually, genuinely like doing/looking forward, I just don't understand those happy moments.

So how should it work?

Should one just float in nothingness, denying their environment, holding onto some illusion, maybe that keeps one going?

Or should one try to find something real that worth living for? If so, how?

Or what?

Do you have a crush on someone at work? Why "shouldn't you be thinking about her"?

I got the picture of me flying a two-seat airplane with someone I know. That someone is not going to fly with me, as we don't have such a relationship, I don't have a plane, and I should not be even thinking about her.

Don't need to own a plane to take flying lessons. My point is simply get out of your head and start doing stuff. Take a flying lesson, go skydiving, whatever. Try things until you find your passion, until you feel like a fish in water and crave more of it.

As for getting up in the morning...seriously....even if you have passions in life, most of the time you roll out because....work, bills, errands, other mundane crap you need to deal with. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all spring out of bed each day with unbridled joy....if you ever find something that makes it so, please do share with the rest of the world.

Stop looking for happiness outside yourself. All these things are temporary and will just leave you wanting more.

I recommend meditation and yoga. Do some introspection. True happiness is not an illusion, it's your natural state. The unhappiness is the real illusion. But you will never find true happiness if you think you need "something" to make you happy.

Archived