Somethings amiss...HELP!

kara025

Hi all, sorry I had written a response at work and of course my computer restarted and it never got posted!

Anyways, @Inspired I was just hoping to understand the situation better. I've never had anything remotely similar to this happen! Rejection, yes. But usually you can see it coming if you are really honest about it (tapering calls/texts, no future plans, less mushy, not hanging out as much). This was not the case here though.

I finally realized that the Z who I knew vs. who he actually is are two different people. I want to get to know/be with the Z I knew, but sadly he doesn't exist. It's hard to come to that conclusion, but time will help me accept it.

Do you think he was faking it or did he present things differently than they were? He sounds like a serial dater who bails after a couple months or so to avoid getting involved.

I finally realized that the Z who I knew vs. who he actually is are two different people. I want to get to know/be with the Z I knew, but sadly he doesn't exist. It's hard to come to that conclusion, but time will help me accept it.
Do you think he was faking it or did he present things differently than they were? He sounds like a serial dater who bails after a couple months or so to avoid getting involved.

I don't know @Wiseman2! In my interactions with him, he definitely did not seem like a serial dater. He is pretty socially awkward and kind of a loner (thats my type, lol). He didn't have a lot of friends and whenever we hung out with my friends he was very quiet and it seemed like he was trying hard to be cool.

My gut (I've been trying to listen to it more) tells me that even though he repeatedly told me he wanted a relationship (whether with me was TDB) he was probably scared to get involved/invested again. But why he bailed the way he did is a mystery to me (maybe its the awkwardness in him)! He could've easily said, "I"m not ready for a relationship/I don't want to be with you."

Oh well.

Archived