should i call him??

hey guys,

so i went out with this guy last friday night and it went really well. we had an awesome time, he said he wanted to go out again, and i said i wanted to too. it was great overall, went surprisingly well.

i then saw him on monday at the grocery store with his son (yes he told me about his son, doesnt live with him, just down visiting for the week) and we talked and it was great again. he asked if i wanted to hang out this week and i said yeah and he said he'd call me. we left on good terms, it was so nice to see him.

anyway now it's friday night and he hasn't called, and i know most of you will probably say CALL HIM... but i was just wondering:

--> could it possibly be that now that i've met his son and stuff, does he wanna see if i contact him to show interest even though he has a son?? like prolly cuz a lot of girls have been driven away when they find that out, which is understandable

i dunno i can't help thinking that he doesn't wanna see me again for some reason just cuz i think if he had wanted to hang out he would have called me. but i know he was prolly also busy this week with his son visiting... but he DID say we should all hang out together, and i said that'd be good, and our date went well and stuff....

any thoughts????? thanks!

--> could it possibly be that now that i've met his son and stuff, does he wanna see if i contact him to show interest even though he has a son?? like prolly cuz a lot of girls have been driven away when they find that out, which is understandable

I don't think it's anything that complicated. He may just be caught up this week with tons of stuff. Perhaps his ex had to go away for the weekend, so now he has to do parent duty this weekend also, unexpectedly.

Or, maybe he's just not that into you.

If it helps you, just call him with a "hey, how's it going?" See how he acts when you talk to him on the phone. I think if he likes you, he'll suggest another date.

Good luck!

He is probably really caught up with his son. I say don't call him. Let him call you and that way you also know if he is really interested in you. If you call him then you won't really know right?

I don't think he would think you won't accept him because of his son. He had already told you about that and you had left on good terms with hope to see each other again, so relax and don't worry.

He'll probably call you after his son is gone to make plans.

Have fun..

Yeah I figured he was probably caught up with his son. I didn't think it was because he wasn't into me, because we had a lot of fun when we went out and left on good terms, and he seemed happy to see me when we bumped into each other at the store last week.

I guess I was just looking forward to him calling because he mentioned hanging out during the week and said he would call, so I expected him to.

I'd like to call him... but yeah maybe I should wait and see if he calls me - that way I know if he's sincerely interested and was just busy. BUT I don't know when his son is leaving...

I've decided this guy is a prick, and I regret that I spent so much time wondering if he was worth going out with a second time. What an jerk for not calling me back. He led me on and he's such a player, and this is the last thing I need right now. arrrggggghhhhh GUYS!!!!

(sorry just needed to vent)

I've decided this guy is a prick,

You called him and left a message but he didn't call back?

Well, wait until monday with your decision to get upset.. what if he just didn't get your call yet or didn't have time to call back? it is a holiday today!

no i mean i saw him last monday and he said he was gonna call me to make plans, and i havent heard from him and now its sunday.

i'm just pissed cuz i spent so much time wondering if this guy and all his baggage was worth seeing again, and i decided yes. and now it seems like hes just totally uninterested

no i mean i saw him last monday and he said he was gonna call me to make plans, and i havent heard from him and now its sunday.

i'm just pissed cuz i spent so much time wondering if this guy

So he is not really interested. One good thing is not to have high expectations and do not spend time thinking about him.

Next time you go on a date...just do not think if he will call you or not...

at least try not think about about it at all.

Ummm.. what's the hurry? Are you on some kind of deadline?

I think you should let it go... he might call next week and then you won't want to go out with him cuz you'll be all mad that you spent all this time worrying and stressing... when in reality he might just be too busy right now. I think you need to relax a bit. He might not be interested, or he might just not have the time--you really don't know--and you are already labeling him names. Yikes!

What if he does call later? He is going to get a very mad girl on the other end of the phone and he will be clueless as to why. He doesn't know you are waiting by the phone now does he? So you will be all upset and all he will know is that there a very angry girl on the line.. he'll think you're crazy.

This is why it's very important not to put all your hopes on one guy --until you are exclusive. You will stress yourself out unnecessarily. Not all first dates lead to second dates or to relationships....better to enjoy them for what they are : fun nights out. Leave the door open, but date other guys too.

Yup I've let it go. He didn't call this week, so whatever. He wasn't into it, so there's no point in even thinking about it anymore I guess. He could have just been too busy but it's been a long while to not be in contact, so whatever.

Thanks for your advice though guys!

hey - don't worry about him. You'll meet tons of other guys, and some will even call back like they say they will!!! LOL! Don't get down on yourself - it may have had nothing at all to do with you. Hey - at least you went out and had a nice time. I hope you meet someone special!

take care!