Help? Tutoring college-level english to 5th grade level adult

Yes his scholarship is for baseball and his parents do not care about his academic qualities.

If his parents do not care about his academic abilities, and they are the ones that have hired you, I would do as yatsue suggests and let this one go. (Fire this client, they don't meet your standards.)

And I fully retract my word choice and deem it offensive. journeynow helped me find a better way to describe the situation.

Unfortunately we're online, and I can't express myself other than through text so you can't see how my bf is sitting here consoling me to stop crying because I'm scared a lady online and her husband aren't going to stop making me feel horrible after I've apologized continually.

That's a bit over dramatic .

The first meaning is what you described. But it does not mean completely unable to speak.

Moderators? Anybody want to delete this thread? I made a mistake and no matter how much I apologize for it I'm being yelled at... I came seekin help and I'm sorry to everyone I offended.

I swear from here on out I will never use the word dumb.

i can't imagine how much hatred I've received even after I've apologized... does it make you feel better that I'm crying? Begging? Just tell me what you want? Want me to die?

You're being entirely overdramatic . I don't hate you or anything else . I'm reminding you that you have insulted the disabled community and that's it .

Victoria, I think we all get how you have a kid who has a disability and what the OP said initially ticked you off, but come on enough is enough! Please understand you are not adding to this thread anymore and your berrating is on the verge of online bullying. Two pages of you freaking going off on this poor girl who genuinely wants to make a difference and has apologized!

Victoria, I think we all get how you have a kid who has a disability and what the OP said initially ticked you off, but come on enough is enough! Please understand you are not adding to this thread anymore and your berrating is on the verge of online bullying. Two pages of you freaking going off on this poor girl who genuinely wants to make a difference and has apologized!

Excuse me ,I have added some things . Like the acessability centre and professional assessments . Did you miss that? But hey ,you get a little militant when you have a disabled child and your child gets treated like crap since they enter the school system . So I've been fighting for my son since he's been three years old.

I'm not angry at you, I was just pointing out what the word dumb means. This boy appears to have a learning problem that you may not be able to help him with, so perhaps you are not the right tutor for him. Maybe he's been misdiagnosed all through school - that can happen - and he's just not in the right classes or school for his needs. I dont believe anyone here is angry with you; I'm hoping you'll tone down the drama as you wait for some advice that is of help to you.

I am very sorry about that, and I thank you for the suggestions of the accessibility centers. He has the ability to take twice as long on tests, but nobody at school thinks he has a learning disability - only that he's unprepared and spends all his time on baseball... which he does.

by the way, the reason why I reacted so strongly was because I have a history of physical and verbal abuse from my only parent growing up - who, after apologizing, would continue to beat me for hours... I had suicide tendencies in my youth and had extensive therapy to get over those thoughts. My first solution when people hate me, is to die. Which is why I rarely socialize, and my social skills have diminished a lot in the past few years. I find solace on the internet a lot of times.

"Excuse me ,I have added some things . Like the acessability centre and professional assessments . Did you miss that? But hey ,you get a little militant when you have a disabled child and your child gets treated like crap since they enter the school system . So I've been fighting for my son since he's been three years old."

Hey, so have I since I was in kindergarten. You don't see me continually berating the OP and I ask you to please refrain from responding to this thread as you have made her seriously upset on an exaggerated issue. By the way, I have reported you.

I am very sorry about that, and I thank you for the suggestions of the accessibility centers. He has the ability to take twice as long on tests, but nobody at school thinks he has a learning disability - only that he's unprepared and spends all his time on baseball... which he does.

by the way, the reason why I reacted so strongly was because I have a history of physical and verbal abuse from my only parent growing up - who, after apologizing, would continue to beat me for hours... I had suicide tendencies in my youth and had extensive therapy to get over those thoughts. My first solution when people hate me, is to die. Which is why I rarely socialize, and my social skills have diminished a lot in the past few years. I find solace on the internet a lot of times.

Have PTSD myself from childhood.

Sorry for what you suffered too.

Take care .

Excuse me ,I have added some things . Like the acessability centre and professional assessments . Did you miss that? But hey ,you get a little militant when you have a disabled child and your child gets treated like crap since they enter the school system . So I've been fighting for my son since he's been three years old."

Hey, so have I since I was in kindergarten. You don't see me continually berating the OP and I ask you to please refrain from responding to this thread as you have made her seriously upset on an exaggerated issue. By the way, I have reported you.

Go ahead I haven't done anything against the rules .

Archived