Feeling that no one understands me,

Well, I feel that no one understands me, this is usually something normal, since it is not possible that everyone in the world can understand you , even we ourselves don't understand ourselves.

I don't know what the problem is, but I feel that I have lost a real sense of connecting to and contacting people, my family, my friends, my ex's whom are usually my friends. The reason why, seems to be that I will be moving from the country that I have been living to another one, going to the US to study for a doctorate degree. Well no one understands what the hell I am going through. It just makes me sick

In a conversation, I want to speak about how I am feeling what kind of situation it is 'being the one who will be leaving soon', but no one seems to understand. The responses are:

1. you will be fine, don't worry

2. this is something that everyone wants, don't be so impertinent

3. I wish I was in your place

4. so why are you going, stay here....

The most shocking part of whole these words are that they come from my closest friends. No possibility of empathy!! It just feels like I am leaving on my own, and it makes me understand that most of my friends, or the people that I have given so much love do not understand me, listen me or bother themselves with my problems.

Ok, I know that I am not a child and this is my problem. But I want to spend as much time as I can with my friends and family I guess, but they do not feel the same way.

I don't know what to do in the following months. Any advice?

Hey girl,

I remember you posting about the start of your new period in life. I think people who aren't in your place just can't understand that it's a heavy thing to leave your life behind and move.

I have been there but I was only going to leave for half a year.

My advise to you would be to start making friends with the people who are already there. I assume you will be at uni in the US? How about figuring out finding for example international PhD's, who can relate to your situation? There must be administration you can send an email, or even find info on websites.

Ilse.

Here are some possible reasons why people might be responding the way they are...

1) Is this pretty much the only topic you are talking about these days? Or are you talking it about it so much, you're not remembering to ask your friends about what's going on in their lives right now, that is important to them? Maybe they think you are too wrapped up with yourself, and not really interested in what's happening in their lives.

2) Could they be jealous that you have this exciting opportunity coming up? Perhaps their lives are not so ideal, and they would love to be in your place. If that's the case, you might want to try and be a little more sensitive if you're "complaining" about something they would love to be able to do, if only they had the chance.

I kinda started to feel like that now, im not leaving the country but im going to uni soon and I just feel like no one understands me, I feel like there is something missing inside. I think it might just be because im going through a big change and once I get settled I will feel better.