Involved with someone else but missing ex..

That's a good question and why I went to see counselling. I knew I didn't like the rebound to the point of feeling deep pain after the breakup. The rebound relationship wasn't what was most of my pain. It was the 5 year relationship prior to the rebound that hurt me the most. I never got to get over that relationship and dated someone else to mask the pain. So when the tape was ripped off, I had to process the pain and get over the long term relationship and also the rebound. I did have feelings for the rebound, but just not as strong. Just like what you are going through. Believe me, you don't want to feel that pain. It feels like death and the end of the world.

After that being said, I did let it process with the help of a counselor and got over all the emotions that surface. Any feeling will pass, you just have to let it pass the right way. You will feel so good once you get over it fully. Then, is a good time to start dating again.

I sure do hope this happens with my ex. We dated for 6.5 years and had a wonderful relationship. The last year our relationship got a big stagnant due to homesickness and financial stress and I guess this worried him. He met a girl on vacation and broke up with me as soon as he got back. He didn't even have time to deal with the relationship ending, as he started a relationship with her right away. I just feel like he swept all his emotions under the rug and chose not to deal with it. However, when this "infatuation" stage ends with his new girl, I hope these feelings resurface. I'm going thru so much emotional pain daily, and he's got his new (younger and immature) girlfriend to keep him company at night It really is not fair to me. Everyone tells me to get out there in the dating world and find someone to help ease my pain, but I cannot even fathom going on a date right now. I'm too emotionally unavailable

I sure do hope this happens with my ex. We dated for 6.5 years and had a wonderful relationship. The last year our relationship got a big stagnant due to homesickness and financial stress and I guess this worried him. He met a girl on vacation and broke up with me as soon as he got back. He didn't even have time to deal with the relationship ending, as he started a relationship with her right away. I just feel like he swept all his emotions under the rug and chose not to deal with it. However, when this "infatuation" stage ends with his new girl, I hope these feelings resurface. I'm going thru so much emotional pain daily, and he's got his new (younger and immature) girlfriend to keep him company at night It really is not fair to me. Everyone tells me to get out there in the dating world and find someone to help ease my pain, but I cannot even fathom going on a date right now. I'm too emotionally unavailable

So sorry this happened to you. When the relationship with your ex and the new girl ends, yes, it will feel like death for him. He never taken the chance to get over the relationship with you. I've been on that path and I know a couple of people that has. Everyone said the same thing, why does it hurt so much, when it's just a rebound.

I hope you focus on yourself and heal the relationship organically. It will hurt, but you will get pass it. Once you get pass, you will realize there are a lot of others out there more suitable for you. You deserve someone a lot better than this guy. If he's willing to throw away a 6.5 years relationship, just like that. He's probably got more issues than you could imagine. Yes, I had a lot of underlying issues and that's why I was in that mess in the past. The thing is, I never learn, I kept repeating the same pattern. Until the day I got some professional help, I was just a wreck. A sad sad person with many issues. So be glad you don't have to deal with his him anymore. All the best and good luck.

Archived