My best friend committed suicide. I'm numb, in shock...

surfdiva

My deepest condolences, surfdiva.

In the meantime what you do is choose just one thing to do, try not to look at the whole picture right now, focus on one thing at a time, one step, do that, move on to the next. And you move forward from there. Yes, see your doctor. It's not positive they'd give you something or maybe they would just for sleep, but if you have other friends, family, anyone who can help do ask them to pitch in.

Beyond that love and time will be your best defenses. Outside of that I'm at a loss to say anything else, because there's nothing else to say that isn't a time worn cliché we've all heard before.

Take care of yourself, honor her memory, take one step at a time. Internet hugs.

I'm so very sorry for your loss, this is horrible I lost 2 uncles to suicide, and it left my mom and her brothers/sisters in emotional turmoil for a very long time. There was so much guilt and self-blame. Stay close to your support system, and as always, you "are not alone" at ENA. We might not be able to help, but we are here for you 24/7 if you need/want to talk. (hugs)

Archived