Sister asked me to be her egg donor.

Moontiger

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally I would say to her well the next time you bring this up you'll be on my permenant crap list. The tone sounds like she's pretending to be your mother .

She didn't out right say I would be on her sh** list but the tone of the email definitely communicated that. She is much older then me so we have always had a weird dynamic where is can be more mom-like then sister-like. For years I just took it or was very passive aggressive about it. I'm finally at a place where I can start standing up for myself. (It helps she lives far, far away!)

This is strictly per my view, but from where I sit: your body, your choice. Also, sorry, but I'd tell her to shove it, (with the emotional blackmail). Being sly and sh*tty, is definitely not the way to persuade someone to say yes to something so life-altering for everyone involved, especially someone who already doesn't want to.

Feel free to mention that you love her, etc. but don't be afraid to let her know that if she has to manipulate you into saying yes, she shouldn't be asking in the first place. I wish you the best and hope this is atleast in some way helpful.

Archived