Survey: how often DID or DO you say "I love you"

How often did/do you say "I love you" to a SO. At the end of a phone call? Before you go to bed? Let's say that these two count less. But hey, I want to know of often these 3 words are exchanged. Do men say it more often, or women? Discuss...

UPDATE: To get the correct responses. I guess this quesiton is directed at someone who is or has been in a long term relationship. If you haven't then please refrain from responding.

usually when we go to bed, sometimes when we leave for work.

But there are many ways to say "I love you" ...

"Drive carefully"

"You look tired, sit down, I'll make dinner"

"You look so pretty in that dress"

"How was your day?"

etc.

Dn congratulations, I'm still looking for my ball and chain as they say, heh -I have an idea, but you can never predict the future.

Thanks - but you can predict the future - being accurate is another matter! Like weather forecasters!!

My boyfriend was the first to say it. He told me he loved me for the first time on our one year anniversary. It was a long time, but it meant a lot to me knowing that he waited so long because I know he meant it.

I didn't say it back until a couple weeks later, not because I didn't love him. I just couldn't get the words out, even though I strongly felt them... Anyways, so he still says it way more than I do. However, I don't think guys say it more than girls, I don't really think you can say either do, it just depends on the person.

There's not really a certain time when we say it, like we don't just say it after a phone call, or before we go to sleep. We say it at least a couple times a day.

I've been in a long-term relationship for almost two years, but we don't say "I love you" every day. I don't feel that it's necessary to say those words all the time, and I think for me, they would lose their meaning if said too often.

So...

I say it when I really feel like saying it, which is around once or twice a month. Just because I don't say it every day, doesn't mean that I don't feel it or mean it every day. I wasn't brought up in house that said those words - EVER - but we meant it. So I take these words more seriously and don't pass them out unless I'm really feeling it and almost need to say it.

Like DN says, there are many ways to say "I love you" through actions, and other words. In past relationships, I've said "I love you" just to reciprocate, even though I haven't actually felt that way at the time. If people can say it all the time without it losing it's potency, great! But for me, once in a while is quite enough.

But for me, once in a while is quite enough.

A guy I once knew was told by his wife that he never said 'I love you".

He replied that he had promised to 'love her till death do them part' when they got married - if he was going to break his promise, he'd let her know!!

But for me, once in a while is quite enough.

A guy I once knew was told by his wife that he never said 'I love you".

He replied that he had promised to 'love her till death do them part' when they got married - if he was going to break his promise, he'd let her know!!

A good example, as long as the wife always knows that he means it.

I say it to my boyfriend A LOT.... because i truly mean it, and i want him to remember! i think in general women say it more... because we're more in touch with that side of us... most guys focus on sports... drinking... things like that. My boyfriend always says it back... and does say it first a lot. i think that the word love is often thrown around like a rag doll.... so we made sure it was for real before we said it. =)

There is no right time or amount to saying "I love you." What counts is that you mean it. I've seen couples who don't say it much but are happy because they can feel the love. Sometimes you don't need to say it, you just know. I've also seen couples who say it all the time but the turn around and do things that show they have anything but love for each other. This probably isn't what you want to hear, but it's the truth.

• 2 weeks later...

I talk to him almost everyday so I tell him at least once while we're talking.If I dont talk to him then sometimes I write him an e-mail and tell him that I love him,always.So I'd say,in average I say it everyday and not just at the end of the conversation,sometimes just because.He's the same.

I say it millions of times a day, during any lapse in conversation, and whenever she needs to hear it. I never have any trouble saying it or hearing her say it, because when you feel a love for another person that is this strong, you just can't help but to say it.

we say "i love you" in the end of every conversation, after chatting online or on the phone and in every email. When we are together its less for some reason, and i feel like i (female) say it much more than my partner. But anyway i say it whenever i feel like saying.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, I hear "I love you" from my fiance all the time... When we are wrestling in the laundry room, or tickling each other in the shower, all the time during sex, and even when I call him at work with a problem... I am usually the first to say "I love you" when we go to bed and when I wake him up in the morning, when I drop him off/pick him up at the airport...

Also, he is working on a 6-month-long out of town assignment 3 days every week, and I often get flowers with a note in which he declares his love for me....

He often says (or sings ) "I love you more than I did yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow," and I know it is true for both of us... I do not agree that the meaning of "I love you" is ever lost, because I only say it for a reason

In my year-long relationship, I think it's my fiance who says "I love you" first more often: and frankly, "I love it." He actually surprised me by saying it in my language (I am from Eastern Europe--he must have done some research) very soon after we started dating: I must admit that was sweet but a little scary at the time ;-)