I called a former counselor

It's Tuesday late afternoon. I called the counselor and left the voicemail on Sunday. Unless she's on vacation, I guess I won't hear from her.

Don't worry about it. It doesn't matter. It won't change one thing. Also people don't tend answer phone calls when somebody just wants to rub something in their face.

Just leave it and go on with life.

Don't worry about it. It doesn't matter. It won't change one thing. Also people don't tend answer phone calls when somebody just wants to rub something in their face.

lol, "rubbing it in her face" was not my intent. The memory of her saying, "You DON'T..." when I told her my suspicions of being autistic were in my mind. I felt that by telling her now, I could make some peace with the past.

Just leave it and go on with life.

Easier said than done, lol. I'll try, though.

lol, "rubbing it in her face" was not my intent. The memory of her saying, "You DON'T..." when I told her my suspicions of being autistic were in my mind. I felt that by telling her now, I could make some peace with the past.

Easier said than done, lol. I'll try, though.

But still it is 14 YEARS ago. She is probably looking at her phone thinking What. The. Hell. And erased the message.

Let . It. Go.

Exactly ZERO will change by you beating yourself and others with the past .

I can tell you if I was phoned by a former client after 14 years to be told , know what I was right, so there. I would be thinking OMG bunney boiler, must run. I would be TOTALLY weirded out.

In case you're curious, she actually didn't say "You DON'T..." in a mean way. More so, in a way that said, "Uh, honey, that ain't what's wrong with you." lol

That she knows, and now everything has been made right.

I don't think she felt it was out of place to begin with. 99% of the time people are concerned with themselves and their own life, careers, families, friends,kids and mostly themselves . You are proving this nicely . In this venture you are worried about yourself which proves people are 99% concerned with themselves . So she got the message move on.

That she knows, and now everything has been made right.

What if you tell her and she goes "OMG I made a mistake"... And then she feels so horrible about it that she kills herself over it.

Like it or not, deep down you know you would feel fine with that... Because you need someone to blame for all your "autistic" actions you made prior to knowing what they were. You want her to feel the same pain that you felt.

I'm sorry, but be realistic. You are gonna make yourself sick over the past. I'll admit I do this too but I never make an actual action of calling them about it.

The reality is the "lost time" shouldn't be blamed on anyone but yourself. Think about all the undiagnosed people who may never know. I get why you are so mad, but you are being silly about it. Get your mind on something else. It's okay to think about this time again, but there really isn't a real reason to let her know. She's a bigger emotion to you than you are to her.

Don't put so much trust in what people say unless you truely believe it within yourself. People here on ENA think I might be autistic. What if they are right? What if they are wrong? At the end of the day, I can make my own choice on how that effects me. People assume that if you are diagnosed with something it gives them clarity. But did you know that I could feel healthy, go to the doctors tomorrow and everything will be alright, but go get a physical 5 years from now to find out I had a terminal illness for 7 years? Hospitals make mistakes all the time.

You just have to "live with it" per say. Yes it sucks.. But being autistic isn't a life terminal disease. So right now, I think you are okay. 👌🏻😉

• 2 weeks later...
What if you tell her and she goes "OMG I made a mistake"... And then she feels so horrible about it that she kills herself over it.

Ok, that is quite a drastic and very unrealistic idea. If I should be realistic as you imply, you should be the same.

You are gonna make yourself sick over the past. I'll admit I do this too but I never make an actual action of calling them about it.

I know...I'm trying to move on. But it's tough with my conditions. (Austim, depression, huge memory, etc.)

I get why you are so mad, but you are being silly about it.

I'm not mad. It was just on my mind, and the more I thought about how incorrect she was---when my suspicions proved correct---I just felt she should know.

Get your mind on something else.

Everyday I try.

Don't put so much trust in what people say unless you truely believe it within yourself. People here on ENA think I might be autistic. What if they are right? What if they are wrong? At the end of the day, I can make my own choice on how that effects me. People assume that if you are diagnosed with something it gives them clarity. But did you know that I could feel healthy, go to the doctors tomorrow and everything will be alright, but go get a physical 5 years from now to find out I had a terminal illness for 7 years? Hospitals make mistakes all the time.

You just have to "live with it" per say. Yes it sucks.. But being autistic isn't a life terminal disease. So right now, I think you are okay. 👌🏻😉

I try to remember stuff like this. As I said, it's hard. But I try.

• 6 months later...

She probably has been gone or retired for years. Depending on her age when she knew you she could be retired. She could have gone to something else.

It doesn't matter.

YOU care you are autistic. She doesn't . You won't find find her and if you do that is weird and stalker like. Progress with life.

She probably has been gone or retired for years. Depending on her age when she knew you she could be retired. She could have gone to something else.

It doesn't matter.

YOU care you are autistic. She doesn't . You won't find find her and if you do that is weird and stalker like. Progress with life.

I know, I won't try to pursue her. I checked the directory because I was curious. That's all.

Archived