Did he lie to me in the beginning ?

Lolabola5

Wait. This pic was taken when you were dating a couple of weeks? Now 5 months latter you find it on fb and are suspicious about something he said after a handful of dates?...But all this while things are fine? Please address your insecurities because if this poor guy says he had grilled cheese for lunch and 5 months later you find out it was really grilled cheese with bacon you're going to crucify him.

Wait. This pic was taken when you were dating a couple of weeks? Now 5 months latter you find it on fb and are suspicious about something he said after a handful of dates?...But all this while things are fine? Please address your insecurities because if this poor guy says he had grilled cheese for lunch and 5 months later you find out it was really grilled cheese with bacon you're going to crucify him.

It really doesn't matter to me if its 5 months down the line he has lied to me end of story. How do I know he hasn't being lying about other things. Things have been great but it doesn't make a difference now, for the whole time we were together I never felt insecure we never even had a fight. But he has done something sneaky to me and there's no way I'll be able to forget it.

Arguments and misunderstandings are part of every relationship. If there has never been a fight, then one or both of the people in the relationship are not being real, there is never 100% agreement and understanding all the time. That said, for any relationship to last, there has to be effective communication and working through things. You are upset at this incident, whether rational or irrational to others, it is upseting you. Therefore you have to speak to him about it as an adult.

Just keep in mind, there isn't a very easy way to communicate looking at a FB pic, retaining the memory of what was said 5 months ago at the beginning of dating, and have the outcome be smooth. You may want to approach it as you started this thread - you were bored one day, looked at FB and saw the pic and for some reason remember something different was said at the time which now has you curious. Ask how the plans changed. Then use it as learning about each other - you have trust issues that are triggered by perceived lies (you really don't know his version yet) and for you to feel trust, you need honesty, even if that means telling you that he is spending a day with a female friend.

This is what you seem to want to say based on your posts in this thread.

If you're just wanting to catch him in a lie to fulfill some sense of your own mistrust of men, don't bother - in that case, this relationship would be over and you would have given in to insecurity.

Archived