Confused about feelings

elf434

Hey, I am looking for advice from anyone who's ever found themselves in a new relationship a few months after a break up, starting out very happy, no doubts and then all of a sudden from no where thinking about their ex romantically and missing them.

I'm not sure what to do, I'd I should just put up with how I feel and hope it goes away? I feel guilt over it, I'm not the sort of person to have conflicting feelings like this, I'm always a hundred percent in with someone or not at all. The idea of not having my current relationship kills me, I thought I was in love with this guy, and I know it would really kill him to hear this. I've never been the instigator of a break up either and would hate that.

I'm not saying I would break up because I want my ex back, I think we are different now, I certainly am. Its just I can't stand the doubt these feelings put in my head and the guilt and this kind of weird nostalgia, it's like I feel worse now than I would if I were single. I can't explain it. Is it because my ex was such a significant love of mine and this new relationship is bringing up old emotions ? Or that I'm just over thinking the whole situation? Are my feelings normal and should I ignore them?

A rebound relationship seems great at first to numb and distract, but the novelty wears off and then it's 'who is this?'. Yeah, be honest...tell him you are not ready for anything at this time and set him free.

found themselves in a new relationship a few months after a break up, starting out very happy, no doubts and then all of a sudden from no where thinking about their ex romantically and missing them. I'm not sure what to do. I should just put up with how I feel and hope it goes away? I feel guilt over it. I thought I was in love with this guy, and I know it would really kill him to hear this.

This sounds like rebound, particularly thinking about an ex a lot and losing feelings for the new partner as a result.

found themselves in a new relationship a few months after a break up, starting out very happy, no doubts and then all of a sudden from no where thinking about their ex romantically and missing them.

Yep sounds like rebound to me, whether you entered into the relationship with that intention or not doesn't change the fact that it is (or has become) one.

I suggest telling him you're not ready to be in a relationship again, sincerely apologise and be single for a while to actually process the previous break up.

Archived