Having problem with my boyfriend, trying to join a dating show, is it ok?

lily1120

I saw a TV show called Kissing other people is casting, which is looking for couples who are on rocks, feel like suit my situation...

I don’t really want a breakup but sometimes feel bored as we don’t know that to do together and end up eating and watching movies.

I think this show could be a good opportunity for both of us to try something new and figure out what to do with ourselves.

But I have never been on a TV show before, not sure if I can do well, what will happen after the show and things like that. the name is quite interesting and the “problematic” couples role seems suit me lol…

Has anyone joined this kind of dating reality show before?Any suggestions please!!

True it does sound like boredom and too much time in front of the tv, however it doesn't sound like a tv show is a solution to that very problem.

I saw a TV show called Kissing other people is casting, which is looking for couples who are on rocks, feel like suit my situation...I don’t really want a breakup but sometimes feel bored as we don’t know that to do together and end up eating and watching movies.
True it does sound like boredom and too much time in front of the tv, however it doesn't sound like a tv show is a solution to that very problem.

This is the link , and it sounds interesting. Maybe it's an opportunity for me to figure out whether I want to keep going or not?

I can only speak from the perspective of someone who worked on a few reality shows before (on a very small scale lol) but reality is very contrived, producers will push you on issues and make it seem like you mean on thing when you mean another all for the show. There is a set script if you will that they have to follow, you're kind of just a pawn and everything is reworked in editing to fit their story. I don't advise anyone to go on a reality show or anyone to believe they are real. I think it would do more harm then good for you and your relationship.

If you have doubts about your relationship you should just talk to him. Real stable relationships shouldn't always be excitement though, its possible you've just outgrown each other.

Heck, if my partner asked me to participate in a show about couples who were on the rocks - I'd be out of there so fast you'd wonder where the rocks went!

You might also think about the public image or how people would perceive you if you're seen on this show, too... 'cause once it's out there, it's out there...

It is only an opportunity for networks to cash in on drama humiliating people. There must be a better way to express that you are not satisfied. For example, suggesting counselling.

Maybe it's an opportunity for me to figure out whether I want to keep going or not?

Archived