Newly dating- birthday present HELP!!!

Iknowaline

Hi! I am newly seeing a wonderful guy for about 3 weeks now. We speak everyday and see eachother a couple of times a week. We haven't had sex yet because I don't want to have sex so soon- although I have spent the night twice. I am 30 and he will be 35..

I bought him a book we always talk about and will write something nice on the inside- and a nice face wash from lush called ocean salt (he LOVES the sea). Question- is this too much ...Should I just give him the book minus the facewash? or are both ok to give? is both too much?? I don't want to make him think i like him tooooooo much. Its still so new !

Slow down. 3 weeks is NOT enough time for you to judge him and make a statement like "wonderful guy". That's just your infatuation talking........

You need time to find that out, as in MONTHS if not YEARS.

Smart for not having sex. Wait until you are in relationship and know him WELL (which again takes MONTHS).

Give him the book....but lay off on the writing thingy......

Honestly, I'd just pay for dinner as a gift and call it a day. Three weeks is barely anything.

If the guy is totally digging you, then you could probably get away with whatever, but I'd stick with just the book (no note) if I were you.

I think the book is a nice idea if it's something you have talked about. The face wash seems a bit personal I would save that idea for later. I also agree with j.man if you went out o dinner and made it your treat that would probably be more than enough for any guy but I wouldn't do that and the book.

I was thinking both would be too much- l'll keep the facewash for myself!! haha

Well we are both so busy during the week and he is having a huge bday party on friday which i am going to- then i leave early saturday morning for a weekend with my friends.. I am seeing him tonight and will just give the book! and write "happy birthday" something short and sweet lol

I was thinking both would be too much- l'll keep the facewash for myself!! haha

Well we are both so busy during the week and he is having a huge bday party on friday which i am going to- then i leave early saturday morning for a weekend with my friends.. I am seeing him tonight and will just give the book! and write "happy birthday" something short and sweet lol

I'd really advise against the note, even a simple "Happy Birthday!" A lot of people would see it as you trying to leave a physical imprint, which can be a red flag this early in. Certainly give it to him with a vocal "Happy Birthday," but don't write it.

Archived