Girls attraction physical/personality

Girls what do you find attractive about a guy, in terms of what clothes he wears, works out or not, smart-***, romantic, etc. I'm a good-looking guy, and I have good "status" though I can never really get any dates. I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing or wearing something wrong, etc.

I appreciate your help. Oh yeah and is a bit of acne a turn off? I have some inflammatory marks that are clearing up.

Girls like guys who are sincere, who have a good sense of humour, who listen well, who ask questions, who are polite, who are respectful, chivalrous, romantic, tender, and kind. And no, acne is not a turn off. A true woman will look right inside your heart and pay attention to your soul. Chemistry is a wonderful combination of intellect, emotions, spirit, and body. Just be you, and your soul will shine out to that special someone who is destined to love you and care for you.

Girls like guys who are sincere, who have a good sense of humour, who listen well, who ask questions, who are polite, who are respectful, chivalrous, romantic, tender, and kind. And no, acne is not a turn off. A true woman will look right inside your heart and pay attention to your soul. Chemistry is a wonderful combination of intellect, emotions, spirit, and body. Just be you, and your soul will shine out to that special someone who is destined to love you and care for you.

Well said romantic sweetheart. And I would be willing to say that most guys like girls who are the same way: sincere, respectfu, kind, etc. It's about the bond, the connection between two people. It's about connecting on all levels. The only thing I don't understand is why more people don't realize this.

It's not always about looks, Talli. Take a look at a little favorite of mine.

image removed

That guy in the middle is me. I'm not great looking, my status kinda sucks, and yet I have many friends, and even a girlfriend (we're on a break, AHEM...and no, my girlfriend is NOt the girl on the left in the picture.)...

You just need to be the best person you can. Be the nice guy who cares, who gives a crap what happens to his friends. Who respects his friends, especially the women. Who's open-minded (that's a BIG one.)

Just...dont think that looks and status will get you anywhere. In the end, it lands you alone.

Boo. Spooky. Alone.

hey sheyda.. yeah, it doesn't sound right (logically), but in my expereince (haha it is. mostly for the 'only after one thing' aspect you mentioned, I would imagine! (and the girls shyness...sexual experience...and such)

here's an example, this one girl who has been STARING at me in the cafe since sept.. lol.. we spoke a couple of times after she sat next to me in the comp lab, but havent for a few months.. anyway I approached her outside the uni building last week and she all but ran off. sure maybe she has gone off me (unlikely as was still staring before i approached lol) but more likely nerves, shyness, whatever..

Well said romantic sweetheart. And I would be willing to say that most guys like girls who are the same way: sincere, respectfu, kind, etc. It's about the bond, the connection between two people. It's about connecting on all levels. The only thing I don't understand is why more people don't realize this.

Because it is about you as a person.

Most people want to get a good status in society: good looking guys, good job, famile and 5 kids... It is all about society requirements.

What you said it is about some personal level...not about what other want.

conclusion: people do care what other think and even try to fit into those expectations...by getting evetyhing our society told us to get: a job, a house, a good looking spouse\lover etc etc

I agree with you - a lot of people think life is about "Job, Car, House, Spouse, Kids" and that's it. That their life will not be fulfilled or complete without all of those, and the only relationship they can have is with someone who will potentially bring about those desires/goals.

Add to that, the fact that many people equate attractiveness with success, maturity, intelligence and other qualities and you can see why many people end up with partners that don't fulfil them.

What I would like to know though, it's all well and good if you are polite, chilvarous, romantic, tender and kind..... but how the hell do you get a woman's attention in the first place if you're shy like me?

Most people want to get a good status in society: good looking guys, good job, famile and 5 kids... It is all about society requirements.

conclusion: people do care what other think and even try to fit into those expectations...by getting evetyhing our society told us to get: a job, a house, a good looking spouse\lover etc etc

I'm really attracted to this guy I work with. He wears 80's hair band t-shirts all the time, which under most circumstances would turn me off, but he's got this style about him, that makes him appear so different, interesting and cool. He definitely exudes confidence and well...he really is hot. I am so afraid of the guy, because he is so beautiful...he seems to be interested in me and that scares me even more. I'm realizing its my own insecurities that are making me so afraid, after coming out of a 3 year relationship im so confused about my feelings and what I want...he seems untouchable...but he's not...ughh...so to be attractive, have your own style... wear it well...whatever it is...walk tall...talk with your eyes...

I'm often attracted to guys that aren't always running their mouth or trying to be the center of attention. They're just real..

But Kitz, color co-ordinating your clothes looks weird. For me it just seems stupid. And I don't have much clothes that "match" anyway.

I buy and wear stuff I like, so a lot of it doesn't quite match. I'm not that fussed and no one else seems to either. When I had an office job, I would turn up to see clients in a ten year old suit, mismatched shirt and my pair of Vans - no one could care less.

In my experience, women don't think one way about this at all.

Example: There is this girl at my school who everyone has told me thinks I'm hot and wants to date me (I don't know her well enough yet, but that's another story).

I'm not really good looking, but apparently she thinks so. Although from what I've seen, many women are turned on by guys who are confident and real (i.e., don't try to be something you're not to get a girl)

There is also that Freudian Theory about how some women will find guys attractive if they remind them of there fathers, but I doubt any girl would admit to that, because it's on a subconscious level.

Hope all this typing helps!

Yes, most people do care to some degree about others think. But in the end it all comes down to what you think of yourself. It doesn't matter what society tells us we should have, we have to please ourselves. Plenty of people don't care about what we are told we should have and instead focus on what it truly important. Mother Theresa was rather homely, not concerned with money or a family, yet she was well respected because of the good things she did for others. She didn't buy into what society told her was success, she followed her heart and did what she felt was best.

The other thing is that there is no clear definition of what "good status is." What does "good looking" really mean? What someone consider good looking, others may be completely repulsed by. Tastes differ from culture to culture and person to person. It's so subjective that its really all pointless. A good job could be many things to many people, but its generally one that makes you happy. You can make millions and "successful" but be unhappy with your life. That's why people leave high paying, "better" jobs to follow their dreams and do something else.