Girls: Women attracted to shy guys?

Women are attracted to confidence, sense of humor, and a guy that has goals and wants to accomplish them, among other things. I don't think shyness really figures into the equation. I mean, there might be some girls that feel more comfortable with shy guys, but if you have a guy AND a girl that are shy, who's gonna make the move? As long as you approach the girl and are confident in doing it, I don't think she'll be concerned as to whether you're shy or not. At least not in the beginning.

Well, that's pretty much it. Confidence, having goals, having outside interests like playing instruments or sports, etc. You say you're desperate.. why? Girls are very good at sensing this.. If you want to change certain things about yourself, do it for yourself. Not to get a girlfriend.

Oh Yeah, and another issue (i cant post another thing yet), I've tryed to get this girl interested in me for a while. She seems to be interested in another guy which has made my self-esteem go down the s***ter. She talks to him usually alot, he's a funny guy kind of acts a bit dorky/childish. Why the h*** does this attract her? He's confident thats for sure though. So anyway, I kinda give her little hints that I'm interested like I'll check her out on purpose and I don't think shes noticed though a few times after I did she stroked her hair with one hand which is supposed to be a flirt . But I can't talk to her, I mean it's easy for me to talk to a girl, but it would just be weird and she would instantly know I like her because its just common sense. What if I had a girl one day strike up a conversation and ask me questions about myself? Yeah, exactly I could tell. I know this girl, is definetely, if not, "the one" for me, I know her through friends but I've never talked to her much at all. Girls what do you recommend I do?..I really don't want to screw this up. All the other girls are either s**ts or immature and ditsy. It's pretty rare to find a girl with a great personality and good physical attraction...Help me out.

No, this stuff about "Girls like confidence and men that can handle themselves blah blah blah"... It's a bunch of crap.. Look around you man, you see men. Shy men with beautiful wives. (Or at one time beautiful).

Some chix do like confidence. I notice alot of girls like guys that are very not loud but like my brother very outgoing.. Not afraid to make an *** of himself. I am more shy and quiet and yet, my exgirffriend of 8 months, was much better looking in my opinion and her personality kicked total *** compared to any girl my brother has gotten.

It's all about the chic you can't say all girls like the samething it's just not the case, some girls like weirdo guys that sleep upside down at night. It's just something that happens...

Get my point, be yourself wait for the right person..

Haha, guys that needed saving, LOL. It seems like that sometimes. The guys with no goals, visit jail on a regular basis or that just cant seem to get it together in life working at a fast food joint always seem to have a relationship. The ones that are obviously stable in life get ignored.

Females can be attracted to any type of guy but you have to give them to chance to get to know who you are as a person. The problem with being shy is that you dont put yourself out there like that, and dating is a numbers game, so unless you want to keep being shy you are going to have to put yourself out there more to get more results.

me...Myself Use to think shy guys were a challenge and thats why i liked them because they had a lil mystery to them. But now i just think of them as twitchy and un daring to take a chance and make the first move.

I like my guy to know what he is doing , yet look good and treat me right. hes gotta make me smile and laugh a lot or hes NO GOOD...

scent is a must...And the shave is depending on the guy...

Im not to picky but thoughout maturing I would call it..i go for the mature type like 2 to 3 yrs older than me.

Haha, guys that needed saving, LOL. It seems like that sometimes. The guys with no goals, visit jail on a regular basis or that just cant seem to get it together in life working at a fast food joint always seem to have a relationship. The ones that are obviously stable in life get ignored.

That is the bad boys they want to change.

the others like my ex are the ones that need saving who look approachable.

I'm attracted to guys who are shy at first, but once you talk to them you feel comfortable around them! This is not to say that all shy guys are like that. Some are just shy period! That's why it's get to have self confidence because the shyness only goes so far. The person who's attracted to you actually wants to get to know you!

Reserved, laid back yet ambitious are some personality traits I love. I love for a guy to be respectful, responsible and just a good guy. Of course having a small goofy side helps. He doesn't have to be the richest, the smartest, the most athletic, etc. I just like it when a guy knows what is most important in his life, has a goal of making it happen, but wants to enjoy the ride! Okay I have to stop because it isn't something you need to know for yourself because you already possess traits that will attract a certain type of girl. So, hey congrats! You've got it made...lol. Now take what you have, use it to your best ability and start developing more of your own character

If this girl is attracted to an immature guy than maybe she still has a little growing up to do herself. That isn't bad of course, it's just a way of experiencing and learning from past wrongs. Don't try to be like him. You're original...no one else can be you so use what you got! If she doesn't see it then another girl who understands you will!

Don't feel pressured to crawl out of your shell right away...just take baby steps. And only do it for yourself, if you try to be more social for the sake of a girl then you'll only hurt yourself. Do it because you will become a better you, not something you think a girl wants to see. You may think you don't have a lot of time since this girl likes that other guy, but believe me you do! If it's meant to be it will be....

He walks tall and holds his head up. A hard worker who gives it his all. Has his own style that may clash with the norm, but treats others with respect and doesn't act like he's better than anyone else. He may not talk much or even be the life of the party--but he needs to look like he's comfortable in his surrounding. I don't typically go for guys who are real talkative and popular. I do like quiet guys, I think I'm curious about what their thinking. I always imagine it's something really deep, and he's not hung up on superficial interaction. I like a guy, who when he speaks has something to say...not just BS and the like. Sometimes shyness can be taken for aloofness. Eevn if you don't have anything to say or feel self conscious, don't worry that you're looking like a jerk...just stand tall. People will want to know what your thinking, and you may draw the right kind of girl to you.

I want to know #1 if women are attracted to a bit shy guys, #2 i want to know what women are attracted to in general, i know women all have different things that they're attracted to. I just want some common ones. But you can state that different things, it'll gimme some ideas. Thx.

Once again, I do not mean to offend anyone. This is based on my personal experiences.

Women are attracted to power, not only physical. They are attracted to dominance. To guys who do not need them.

And no, women are not attracted to shyness. They will say they are, if they themselves are shy or insecure.

Women are attracted to power, not only physical. They are attracted to dominance. To guys who do not need them.

And no, women are not attracted to shyness. They will say they are, if they themselves are shy or insecure

That may be your experience now but it will change as you grow up. When your young the vast majority don't know what they want so it is easy to buy into the idea that power and dominance are what's importance. But in the end it is honesty, sincerity, compassion, and tenderness that are more attractive. Shy people are generally better suited to these qualities. In a lasting relationship both people need each other because they give each other a sense of love and understanding that they do not feel by themselves. In the short run, power may seem the way to go, but it is niceness that wins out in the long run.

Some girls who are really smart really like shy guys. I know two girls, both of them are very young and very smart medical students, and they are completely entranced with some shy guys. They like to take control, but in a caring way. I mean, they work with guys who are powerful and who can get almost any girl they want....so why shouldn't the girls have the same power? These girls love to focus on their attention on some shy guy, but also care for him and really be close to him. I think its really sweet!!!!!!!!!

(Some girls who are really smart really like shy guys. These girls love to focus on their attention on some shy guy, but also care for him and really be close to him.) - u r right I_LOVE_RAIN_HUGS_AND_YOU.

i do like shy guys and other types and one of them i do care bout so much, he knows it . our familys are very close. he does care bout me but not in the way that i do for him. its hard.

Shy is okay as long as it doesn't put you on the anti-social scale I guess. I'm really shy myself but I have a lot of friends and I don't really get shy around them. If you are shy and you like a girl sometimes it's just easier to explain that your shy and it takes the pressure off a bit?

Good luck,

~S.