Is messaging this girl on Facebook creepy?

asdfwaffles

I agree that you have nothing to lose by contacting her .... but keep it light and certainly don't be too cheesy.

I also agree that whether it comes across as creepy or not will depend entirely on whether she initially finds you attractive/interesting/intriguing.

I agree that you have nothing to lose by contacting her .... but keep it light and certainly don't be too cheesy.

I also agree that whether it comes across as creepy or not will depend entirely on whether she initially finds you attractive/interesting/intriguing.

Usually creepy means "Not attracted"

I met my now-fiance through Facebook. We went to the same high school (although in separate years), so he added me and messaged me, and it went from there.

The key here is that he sent a friend request first and I accepted him before he messaged me, though.

Ok I think I will take that approach

You can also try to send the friend request and a personal message at same time. -just saying who you are and why you are adding her. Keep it light lol.

The reason why I also suggested to also send a message is because some people don't accept random requests , depending on her though.Some people don't mind , some only add people they know.It varies from each individual.Good luck

You can also try to send the friend request and a personal message at same time. -just saying who you are and why you are adding her. Keep it light lol.

The reason why I also suggested to also send a message is because some people don't accept random requests , depending on her though.Some people don't mind , some only add people they know.It varies from each individual.Good luck

I did meet someone on FB but it was because we were in the same group. So we chatted for a bit and I decided to stop talking because she lived too close to my job lol

I agree with this. I must admit I don't generally accept random friend requests. However someone once introduced themselves to me (he was a cousin of a friend) and after a brief chat (mostly stuff about my friend who is rather a character) I ended up accepting his friends request. I think you would fare better if you introduced yourself and mentioned that you have a mutual friend. If there is a flicker of interest or intrigue there she can ask your mutual friend about you. If not - or if she isn't sure about accepting your request - then she simply doesn't have to.

I'm also in the camp of go for it and here's why. You have mutual friends, this is why she's showing up on your feed, much like you are probably showing up on hers. So send her a friend request with a little message saying something like, "Hey, I see you know Jill and Bob too, so I'm saying hi." If you have something interesting to say about Jill or Bob such as "Hey, did you go to the concert that Jill went to recently? I was there and it was great!" That'd be nice. A little extra touch. But if you don't have that a simple hi, we have mutual friends, is the way to go.

Now, if you just saw a random girl's pics on FB and friend requested her, yeah that'd be veering more towards creeper behavior. I say creeper, not creepy because it usually just shows someone saw your pics, got interested and scanned your FB page a bit. (Or a lot, maybe, happens sometimes). But in this case you already know some of the same people, so why not.

And worst case scenario, so she thinks it's creepy. Big deal, you don't go to the same school and chances are you'll never see this girl again. You're going to get judged in life by people no matter what you do or don't do, so why not make it count for something as in at least you had the guts to try.

That counts for something my friend, it really does.

Archived