Mutual friends...

speak

It depends on the person, some people wouldn't mind and some people do,Facebook is really meant to keep in touch with the friends you already have, though it can be a resource to make new friends as well.I'd say ... Go for it. If you're still not comfortable then ,the next time you see the person, you should ask if they have a facebook page and if they wouldn't mind you adding them

Is their profile pretty open? I would just send them the friend request and maybe a message saying hello and reacquainting yourself. If they decline for whatever reason, then so be it, you wont have to waste anymore time cultivating that friendship.

Well the profile picture is just a random scenic photo. But there are pictures of the person on the page.

I think it's fine since there is a mutual friend. I have never ever heard that FB is to keep in touch with current friends -sure it is but it's a great site for networking. One of my FB friends (who I met at a wedding) met her husband through Facebook - they started dating 13 months ago, been married for one month.

I have people I don't even know try to add me! I don't think it's a breach of etiquette or anything to try to add them, but some people prefer to keep only close friends & family on their Facebook & don't accept requests from everyone. Even if they don't add you back I don't think it's a big deal.

Archived