I want him back...again

Ang212

Since april, my ex boyfriend and i were in an on and off relationship. Since then we have broken up at least 8 times (I'm being very generous) but everytime we always seemed to get back together. About a month and a half ago was when we last broke up over a very stupid reason and he completely called it quits. He hasn't talked to me since, but its weird because he was seriously obsessed with me. We loved each other so much, but i refuse to contact him first because every time we had broke up before i was the one who initiated that we get back together and i did not want to make myself seem desperate yet again.

For so long people told me that i needed at least a month to myself, to see that if it was him i missed or if i just didn't want to be alone. I will say it now that i am completely fine being alone, and i do not need someone to make me happy, but i love him so much and i don't even know what to do at this point. I am sitting here waiting for him to call or text me everyday because i thought i meant way more than that to him, but was i wrong? Or is he just putting up a front? Please help.

He is probably tired of breaking up. It is emotionally exhausting, like above poster said. Someone has to be the voice of reason here, and it looks like he has stepped into that role. And you know what? If you stay apart and take more time alone, I bet you'll come to the conclusion that this is best for you both. Sometimes two people can love the crap out of each other, but be completely wrong for each other. Love alone cannot sustain a relationship. I hope you find some peace soon. Do something nice for yourself.

The ball is in his court now. Good for you for not contacting him first this time!

I like to believe that people can learn something from breakups and that time apart can boost a relationship if both people are willing on work on their own issues and on the relationship. But maybe it's wishful thinking.

If it comes down to that you can agree to give it one last chance and give it your best shot. It does please me to read that you are fine without him as it kinda shows that you have the backbone to dust yourself off in case things fall through with him.

You have officially beat my six times of on/off again with my last ex. I finally climbed down off the train wreck, got myself emotionally healthy with some counseling and lifestyle changes, met and married a wonderful man who knows he wants to be by my side 100 percent even yes on the bad days.

Suggest you do the same here. If you have to break up more than twice it means you're trying to jam a square peg into a round hole. And that never goes well.

Some people wise up as they OD on drama.

Your ex is one of them.

LOL PLEASE do not speak as if you know our whole situation. That was almost very embarrassing for you, because had you known exactly why we broke up plenty of times you'd be confused as to why im still here wanting him. THANK YOU

Archived