Girlfriend vs female friend problems...

daxilic99

I was definitely not up for paying for her whole ticket ($760), but as she bought non-refundable tickets I checked and it's possible to pay $250 to cancel. I'm only thinking about paying this $250 as when we booked the trip one condition was that my girlfriend wouldn't be there (obviously I know now this was wrong to begin with), otherwise she wouldn't of bought the tickets so it's kind of my fault on that part. But you're right ultimately it's her decision not to come.

I also agree about cutting her lose, the way she's acting now about this just makes her look even worse and it's just pushing me away. I think I was clinging on to the friendship that we started with years ago, not able to accept how she's turned out now but it's true I'm better off without these kind of people in my life. I'll give her a few days to calm down and hopefully realize she's being an idiot and overreacting completely. If that doesn't happen I'll take your advice and cut her off. You say about people changing in their late teens, I met her when I was 25 which might seem strange but it was at a summer camp in america and we worked together, so it's unlikely I'll befriend many 20 year old's now

One thing I didn't mention in the original post was that my girlfriend lives in Moscow and we have a long distance relationship (only temporary for now), just in case the flights thing got confusion in my previous reply.

Thanks again for the advice, I'll definitely be using this forum in future if I have anymore problems

oh heck no - if gf lives overseas, she should be the ONLY one aside from family over this Christmas. Are you sure friend doesn't think you have a relationship with her? Does she want one? It boggles my mind why the friend would come just for Christmas in the first place. Usually you see family or girlfriends at that time. Does she not have family? I mean, if she sees you once a year, wouldn't she come at another time, book herself to see the sites and see you part of the time? If she was a true friend, she would say "i can't wait to meet her(girlfriend!)"

Archived