My girlfriend, her childhood best friend and her ex boyfriend

Timmy11

My girlfriend (Laura) has a best friend (Julie). They grew up together.

This best friend has a brother (John). They all grew up together.

Laura ended up dating John for a few years when they were teens, lost her virginity to him etc.

They broke up over 8 or so years ago.

Laura is still very much best friend with Julie, and is always at her house and parents house as she adores them as well.

John is still around.

I trust my girlfriend, she gives me absolutely ZERO reason not to. I just can't get over my jealousy and I don't like her around this ex bf. Am I crazy thinking this? Is this situation okay? Anybody have similar situations?

In a perfect world, exes should be deported to Mars and never seen or heard from again.

This situation is just difficult for me.

Just think about how different you are now from when you were a teenager. People grow and change so much. Your girlfriend is likely not even close to the same person she was when she began dating John. Have you met him, or been around them together so you can see their dynamic? I think that might help.

They've not been together for 8 years. If she wanted to, she could be with him.

I know it's hard having exes still in your life but I think you're going to have to suck this up.

John isn't going anywhere. If fact, he'll still be around, long after you aren't... so if you want to be around Laura, I think you've got to accept John.

Why do you think it bothers you anyway? Cause he knows what it's like to be with her? Because he knew her when? Do you really think he has a chance with her. Because if he's still interested in her, all you've got to remember is you're the one sleeping with her - stop thinking about your jealousy and start thinking about his.

Archived