Il try and keep this as short as possible, just need to get my story of my chest...

Was with my fiancé for 5 years, been travelling etc together and move in together 1 year ago, in June he announced he wasn't happy, he had fallen out of love with me and we both needed to move out etc

It was a total shock, at first he didn't text for about a month but since then we've been going in circles of doing the thing I know we shouldn't, texting each other all the time when we feel upset then ignoring each other when we get mad at each other

He's still in the house which I'm paying half of (wer just renting) think we've both been putting it off as when the house is gone we both know there's going back

Iv never felt this lost before, i can't sleep or eat, just feel numb,I feel worthless because I couldn't make him happy, lonely, and I'm also panicking because il be 30 in jan and I thought id be marrying him and having his kids, we wer saving for the wedding and had kids names picked out and everything!

I'm hurting about him and also hurt about my future which I thought I had.

We know we shouldn't contact exes and I wish I hadn't but it's done now there's no going back with that but I can't force him to love me! Reading posts on this forum makes me feel like I'm not alone in the misery and I know eventually its get better!

Anyone feel that people are very sympathetic at first but gradually people stop asking if your okay and just presume your over it all, people have even suggested men to set me up with! That's the last thing I want!

Thanks for listening to my rant xx

I totally understand where u r at. Almost at the same place. Don't understand how some people can flip a switch on feelings and love!

Here's to solace and peace!

People don't just "flip a switch on feelings and love." They have been slowly losing the emotional connection and when they announce that they want to end it, it's been coming for a long time.

Anyway... Op, I'm sorry you're going through this but do be thankful that you didn't go through with the wedding and had even more turmoil to have to go through. Give yourself the gift of going zero contact. It will help you to get through the withdrawl of no longer having him in your life that much quicker. Don't worry about dating at the moment, that will come in time and there is ALWAYS someone else for us out there. Know that, even if you don't believe it right now.

Feel better soon.

Same situation as you, almost. Lived with boyfriend for 2 years, he announced in June that he didn't know how he felt anymore. Kept me stringing along until August when I finally moved out. I didn't want to go NC at first, I really thought if we stayed in touch we would figure this out. But going NC has lead me to the path of peace. I'm not there yet, by any means, but I know I'm on the right track. You can be too if you cut him out and work on just yourself.

Thanks everyone, no contact is just so hard, it's doesn't help when he isn't being strong and standing by his decision too, iv even asked him to block my number etc to make it easier but he always texts me

It's frustrating because this is his choice not mine yet I'm gonna have to be the strong one and finish it properly by not talking because he can't

Think he's worried hel regret it which I can understand but it just gives me false hope

Iv given him till the end of October then he's on his own with the house, he ended it in June so I think it's been more than enough time to sort himself out

No contact is honestly your best way of beginning to feel better. It's horrible and very difficult but it's the only way. My aunty said to me yesterday 'once the pot is broken you can glue it back together but it is always a broken pot' - no amount of texting/calling/crying is going to change the fact he said those words to you. It was over from that point so don't prolong your pain- I've prolonged, begged and cried for a year and the pot hasn't been fixed. Hope you're okay x

Archived