My parents have just started worrying about how serious my boyfriend and I are, and have started limiting our time. We have been together for nearly a year, and he is absolutely the best friend I've ever had. I have more in common with him than anyone I have ever known--our personalities, beliefs, backgrounds, etc. Both of us are at a level of maturity uncharacteristic of our age group, and we are in love beyond words. Of course my parents could never understand; they think it's naive puppy love or infatuation. But I've never felt closer to anyone; when we're together, we get sublime feelings of utter contentment and security. We've grown out of our previous rebellion together, bringing each other closer to God in the process. He is the most amazingly passionate person I've ever known--his convictions are so strong--he is an incredible guy. He's very gentle, sensitive, and caring. Nothing would make him happier than to provide for me the rest of his life, and nothing would make us happier than to spend the rest of our lives together. We have thought this through, and he could easily provide for us doing what he loves. He even says he would love paying for me to go to college. We totally understand the lifetime commitment this would be; our relationship contains boundless love, tenderness, total intimacy, mutual understanding and sacrifice. However, I'm sure our parents would not be extremely thrilled at the prospect of our marrying so soon. We are both 17 right now; I wish I could explain our relationship more so that I could eliminate any shadow of a doubt about our genuine love at such a young age, but that would take quite awhile if it was even possible. We'd love to get married after high school when we're each 18, but we know our parents would object to such an early marriage. Being "legal adults" at that time, we could go ahead regardless what they say, but we really want their support. Of course my boyfriend plans on asking my dad to marry me beforehand, but what if he says no? (Which seems likely right now.) Should we just TELL them we're going to and hope they can live with it, or wait for forever....? We can't stand being apart, and our lives would be so wonderful together...I know it won't be perfect--please don't think I'm being naive. We have no doubts that it would be a successful marriage; I just wish I could make them understand how much we love each other. Is there some way we can make them understand? What can we do? ADVICE PLEASE!!

• 6 months later...

I know exactlt how you feel...my boyfriend and I are just like you and yours we plan on getting married with or without our parents approval because we have realized that we cannot live without eachother and we know the sacrifices and committment we are going to have to make but it is all worth it because he is my heart, my soul, my life and i couldnt imagine my life without him and he feels the same way about me..and this is not puppy love or infatuation it is true love and if they cannot understand that than they do not understand me...we do plan marrying as soon as i graduate he is going to join the army and i know that he will be able to provide for us and i will too....we want to spend the rest of our lives with eachother and i am not afraid to yell that out to the world because i could never love anyone the way i love him if i could say every word every emotion of my love for him i would i know in my heart we are meant to be and no one can ever take that away....God sent him to me and if our parents cannot understand that than they dont understand us....Before him I wasnt sure if God was real but God gave him to me and made my life complete finally after all the waiting.....if you wanna e-mail me e-mail me at email removed maybe we could become friends and work through this together.

• 6 months later...

Hi... just replying to your story. I understand what you are saying. my boyfriend and i live four hours away from eachother, and it is so incredibly hard to not be with him all the time. We have gone 4 months before with out seeing eachother, its is so hard, BUT we love eachother unconditionally and want to spend the rest of our lives with eachother, and that is how we are getting through this. God is the most important in our relationship. He gives us the strength. We want to get married as soon as possible, but we are not going to be able to get married when we graduate. It is just not financially possible. i know that money isnt everything, dont get me wrong, but we really have none. But we are working hard to get enough. Marrying is eachother is the thing that we want most in life, we want to spend the rest of our lives with eachother, and we are so excited, but we know that we will have to wait a little while. I know that my parents would not be very happy if we got married now (BTW, im 17, a senior in highschool). He also plans on asking my dad for my hand in marriage. Family is a big part of our lives and we want them to be happy for us, not look down upon us or disapprove of what we are doing. So we plan on just waiting a little while, a couple years. Well i hope this all made sense! you can e-mail if you would like. email removed

• 1 month later...

hi I know what you are going through, just please dont go through with it I am 16 and married and to tell you the truth marriage is not the ansewer. Take it from me. once you get married its like you lose your best friend and you may get sick-and-tire of him more aften. 0X

Getting married young can cause a lot of problems.Marriage is not a simple matter.There are a lot of aspects must be regarded of all financial independence, ability to build relationship not only with each other but with relatives of your beloved, to deal with these much easier for a mature person with some life experience.Try not to hurry to avoid of mistakes.

Larisa

Personal advisor of marriage agency