Cheated because he was scared of telling me what he really wanted..

emzygirl

me and my boyfriend have been together for 10 months now. We got together when he came over to france (where I live) and we have been together ever since. The only problem is that he lives in the Uk. I go over when I can get the time off and when I went over this time I found some text messages on his phone.. He was meeting up with "a sex worker" for sex. I don't know if anyone has been cheated on but when I found out I thought I was going to collapse, I was planning on not telling him that I knew to see if he'd tell me but I couldn't keep it to myself. When I finally calmed down he told me that he did because he likes really rough sex and he wanted to try it with me but he was too scared of hurting me and of me feeling ashamed of him. I don't really know what to do... Has anyone experienced a similar situation ? Can anyone give me advice ?

Thank you

No. He cheated on you because he wanted to call a sex worker and bang her.

Not knowing if you'd be into the rough stuff isn't the issue. If this guy's mind is similar to that of any other man I've ever known, myself included, there are probably hundreds if not thousands of things he fantasizes about that you will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, and I mean EVER know. Believe me. If you've ever asked a man what his biggest or deepest or darkest fantasy is, whatever answer he gave you was a lie. He simply made something up that he thought was safe. Does that mean guys should have a license to cheat on their significant others hundreds of times each?

No single person will ever satisfy 100% of their partner's sexual desires. If you're going to accept that as justification for having sex with other people, then I'd stop considering monogamous relationships.

Thank you for your answer, I did feel like it was my fault.. When he started it was because we were arguing a lot.. Most of the arguments were about us not being able to see eachother a lot, I wanted him to come over more but he couldn't because of work.

Archived