Emotions all over the place

So, I assume this is normal, but I feel like writing anyway. Last year I broke up with my ex girlfriend after 15 years together (and 2 kids). For me things had been bad for a few years, but it finally came to a head and we broke up. I talk to her all the time because we share the kids (and the dog ). I didn't plan it but I ended up meeting a guy and we've been dating for several months and it's going really well (yeah, I'm bisexual).

It's just I still have a lot of emotional ups and downs, obviously. Like today I felt like crying all day, and I don't even know why.

It was especially hard because for a lot of our friends we weren't even out. (Yeah, I know, horrible situation, but we live in a small town...). So I didn't even have many people to talk to after the break up.

Sorry to hear about your breakup, but congrats on the new guy! It sounds like you had a very extensive history together, so thinking about it less than a year later and feeling down is completely normal and nothing to feel ashamed about.

Best of luck!

Did you grieve enough before? Because you mentioned you couldn't tell your friends about it. I know some people are the "man/ woman up! Life is beautiful" and so they dont have enough grieving time. Then the emotions they're bottling up just explodes after some time.

I definitely grieved. I don't know if it was "enough", but when we broke up, for more than a month I couldn't eat/sleep, ,kept having panic attacks. I have one good friend that I was able to talk to, that was there for me through it all. I mean, I definitely expressed my emotions.

Maybe it's because you have to talk to her because of the dog and kids. Regular breakups involve no contact for a while.

But, do you have better days? I was told before that these feelings of getting over is not linear. Bad days are really bad. Good days are neutral or really good.

Archived