Possible early signs of baby fever at the age of 28?

yeawutever

[TABLE=class: tborder, width: 1171, align: center]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: tborder, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=class: alt1 altop, bgcolor: #F5F5FF]Currently I've been feeling slightly different this year. From time to time a bit of emotions runs within me upon seeing a baby or toddler (mainly when they are happy or sleeping) not that much but still.

Though last year, I once had a small moment (of just seconds) where I almost let my guard down and smiled. It was at that moment I started thinking within myself ''What a cute baby, maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea...'' but just then reality hit me and I'm like ''Naaaa.....yeah right (lol)... please snap out of it, this isn't for you'' and got hardened again. Recently this year however, this has repeated a couple times.

But I can't deny, even in the smallest amount these emotions (those seconds of weakness and second guessing) are do appear from time to time. Strange is I'm now 28, why are they showing up all of the sudden? I could have sworn these emotions were nonexistent from ages 13 till late last year. Even an old friend and my own mother already concluded that I have no maternal instincts nor urges at all since I've not shown any for many years; I made that conclusion about my myself as well too.

Or is it just me getting regularly emotional but it's going away anytime? Funny thing but now I feel kind of strange about even abortion from time to time. There was actually one time that I had a dream that sounded so real. In it I was pregnant and on my way towards having an abortion but then kept hesitating..this is when I wake up. I wake up not making a decision and not knowing if I wanted to aborted it or not.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I think 30 is a significant age for us girls in terms of starting a family or not . 30 seems to be that nudge that we need to start thinking about this and if we want it . Women who really do want kids and are single getting panicky around 30 ...because you need to meet , fall in love yadada ...the clock is ticking and if that woman wants 2/3 kids then there is a huge clock ticking now ...

maybe that is what is happening with you ..maybe it is not your maternal instinct but your biological instinct .

Could be but then it's when I see reality. It's a whole process, very painful and a bloody mess. For instance just when I was happy for a few seconds after seeing a calmed baby, suddenly my mind also races towards the fear the whole pregnancy process, that usually snaps me out of it.

So is it fear that has stopped you wanting/having a family ..or just you have had no desires .
I thought I had no desires but I guess there must be a small part of me that deeply says I do have some feelings (even if it's small). Certain times I'm not even sure. In the previous year, till last year for sure it was a no and absolutely no desires.

I do think there is a genuine biological desire that doesn't really have any root in logic or even emotion. If you truly don't want children, then you're going to have to push through this. I've read that some women get it in their 30s or near 30s but if they don't want kids, it just goes away eventually.

Biological urge is not a good reason to have children, or do anything for that matter.

I thought I had no desires but I guess there must be a small part of me that deeply says I do have some feelings (even if it's small). Certain times I'm not even sure. In the previous year, till last year for sure it was a no and absolutely no desires.

well you still obviously do have time and dont have to make any snap decisions right here and now ..it may develop or like fudgie says it may just drfit away ....but either way you are still in 100% control right now ...now if you where 40 and saying this , I would be like , hell girl you need to REALLY sort this out .... but your good ..hahah you are still ripe in the egg department .

I do think there's bio urges. I really don't know anything about the science that backs this up(if there is, I assume there is). But I get it(I have a child, already) and have made a firm decision not to have any more children after I had him. When I feel that way, it's very confusing. And really yanks on my heart strings. I'm in my early 30s.

And similarly to you, when I think about the realities of pregnancy and another child and get 'snapped' into reality, I am like....OH, HELL NO. So I just ride it out.

And similarly to you, when I think about the realities of pregnancy and another child and get 'snapped' into reality, I am like....OH, HELL NO. So I just ride it out.
This is true. The negative tends to outweigh the positive. I guess if it's meant to happen and I end up having a change of heart, I''ll have to carefully select the man but most important be financially stable myself and with a profession. Though not sure if I'll get rid of the pregnancy fear.

Archived