seeking feedback

I broke up with my ex-bf of half a year, last month. We were real close in the relationship until I noticed he was putting more into our relationship. I broke up with him after a discussion that we both wanted different things from the relationship. He admitted he was in love with me and I couldn't relay the same. Even tho i had love for him and cared about him I was not in love. I offered my friendship still but he doesn't want to be friends which is understandable. I respect him for his feelings, but here's the thing he still hasn't told his family that were not together and he still invites me. I try to distance myself from him because he wants more from me than I can give to him. He's very aware of this. I think what I'm doing is right I don't want to hurt him or make him feel like a fool, but also I don't want him to try to manipulate me to change my mind which he has done before. I guess I just want to hear some opinions if I'm on the right track...

Sounds like a clean break up. Too bad for him though, probably hurt him more going by both of your needs. Hes only hurting himself more by continuing to contact you.

If need be, reiterate that you arent supposed to be friends by his choice. Dont string him along.

Thank you for the advice, you're right he did get more hurt than me. I will do what you suggested on the reiterating part.

Archived