Any ideas? I'm about to lose my MIND!

Ok. I've noticed that this particular forum has had a few weight loss posts recently so I'm going to add one more. Here's my question: Is there ANYTHING I can do to cut appetite? I always want to eat! I can't stop it. Even when I'm not hungry. I have no control over myself. I've been told that drinking water as a substitute is supposed to help and it did for a while. Now I drink TONS of water and it doesn't do anything. Yes, my stomach will become full with water but it doesn't compare to the sensation of being full with food so I feel that I have to eat. I just feel like I'm going to jump out of my skin if I don't. Any ideas???

I would go see a doctor and have them run a full metabolism bood work up. You may have something lacking in your diet or something that needs to be addressed.

People who are hungry all the time vs people who eat for comfort. This may be a medical issue, but I am no expert just some advice.

well - theres not much u can do about thsi kind of thing, except for replacing that habit (which is basically what it is) with something else. when i get the "munchies" but i know i've had too much to eat already...i eat celery..because its basically just water anyway. i know it sounds stupid, but you could eat celery all day and lose weight from chewing it lol. sorry to joke. but yeh - thats what i think, or try to avoid the times when u normally snack. like if u eat while ur bored, or in front of the TV..find something to do that will at least get you moving and ur mind off of food. like cleaning, or working out, or reading..that works. hope i helped.

The mindless snacking definitely needs to stop. I lost a lot of weight myself - it was a challenge because I also like to eat, but work around it. If you have the urge to graze, make sure that it's low cal foods like:

no-fat popcorn (no butter!)

sugar free jello (10 cals/serving)

carrots

celery

brocolli

chicken broth w/veggies (15 cal/cup)

cherry tomatoes

diet coke

water with lemon

sparkling water

But most importantly, you should try to determine what "triggers" you to eat. For every person it's different. Do you feel the urge to eat when you are lonely, sad, happy, bored...? If you can identify these triggers, when the urge comes up, you can tell your body, "I am not hungry - I am bored." And then focus on doing something else for a while, like clean, or go for a walk, or brush your teeth.

Good luck! You can PM me if you have any questions

Sometimes its not a matter of finding a substitute for food but what you do in your time. Ive found that when im not even hungry i can eat the house out but thats only usually because of me not having anything else on the brain. for example, when im bored i find it so simple to eat. i thinkif you do something, not neccessarily a huge activity, just something that you enjoy doing aside eating youll find that its not a thought that passes through your mind as often.

I hope this helps, atleast i know 4 out of 5 times it works for me.

kel

Having recently lost 50 pounds, my friends have given me the title of diet guru. Here are some tips that might help you.

Stock your kitchen with healthy food. Buy fruit at the store, and as soon as you get home wash it and slice it. Put it in a bowl in the fridge so it's always clean and easily accessible. It doesn't just have to be fruit, obviously you can do this with vedgies too. Baked doritoes and Lays light chips are really good, and low in fat and calories. Sun Chips are also really good. Healthy choice makes some kick*ss ice cream, as does Ben and Jerry's. If you buy B&Js make sure it's low fat though. If you like sweet stuff SlimFast makes good snack bars, (even if you aren't on the SlimFast program they are good to keep around for cravings). Use splenda instead of sugar, (You will hardly notice a difference).

I am a big snacker too. I know how you feel.

Lol! i know exactly how u feel. i agree with what everyone else has sed.

plus theres a lot of self restraint involves. ive personally found that in the evening wen i usually nibble the most due to boredom, that because ive been spending more time playing on my computer and the internet and hanging out in forums, that my nibbling on food has decreased. i have also been forcing myself to eat fruit when i have the nibbles aswell, instead of bad foods.

i have also noticed that when im at school and bored i have to restrain myself from biting my nails, its a habit i do quite a bit but im trying to grow them, but i think if food was available i would go for that instead of nails. so ye, for me, its the complete boredom thing, and and a slight addiction aswell, cos even wen im not bored or hungry i still rummage through the cupboards, maybe thats due to habit... i wonder....

the whole water thing, ive tried that, and all it does for me, is makes me really bloated, and kinda sick, ok so it does put me off eating, but its so uncomftable, and u have to forever keep going to the toilet.