I don't think I can see her anymore, she's braking my heart.

Dagless

I've known her for over a year. She is five years older than me and has a young kid but that doesn't really matter.

I go round her flat and we talk about all kind of stuff, we have a laugh.

I've liked her for a long time, one night out we got abit drunk and we started kissing, On the way home she said she had ruined a good friendship and we decided to stay friends.

Since then she hasn't really talked about what happened that night.

But i think I've fallen in love with her and she told me that its not a good idea for us to have a relationship because shes no good for me.

I was just happy to be friends, as long as I could see her I thought I'd be fine. Now I'm scared that she'll find someone. That would kill me.

Now when I go round I offen sit there thinking I should just tell her. There was a time I was scared to ruin the friendship but now i dont care.

I saw her last night and on the walk home I just felt awful, I hate myself for not being that perfect guy, I feel like the biggest loser on the planet.

I can't go on feeling the way I do. what should I do?

At this point, you really have nothing to lose. You are already having a hard time of things by keeping it in and trying not to give anything away... You need to come clean with her. She says that she's no good for you? Tell her that you would like to be the judge of that. You know the risks involved, but that you are falling for her.

Tell her. By not saying anything you are hurting yourself and possibly missing out on something wonderful. If you don't tell her she will eventual find someone else and you'll always have to live with wondering what could have been. If your friendship is truly strong, you won't let this come between you two. And who know, maybe she likes you just as much. Maybe she was scared or felt guilty about kissing her friend while drunk. She could like you too, but you'll never know unless you say something.

• 3 weeks later...