Where do people 55+ meet their partners?

amila

But it cant be the same for a 55 year old and a 30 year old

Yes it can be. Their circle of friends is just older. That is the only difference. The only other change is that if they are widowed or divorced, they can also meet at school events for their kids. Folks who are 55 can have teenagers if they had kids in their early 40s or late 30s and they can meet the parents (or grandparents if the kids have very young parents ie kid is 14, mom is 32 and grandma is mid 50s) or teachers of other kids.

I met mine in my driveway...he came over to my house with a mutual friend. We moved on to become acquaintances...then friends...and now a committed relationship of over 5 years with plans to be together for the rest of our life.

You were still not in your 50s then

You are picking nits. Do you really not want to believe that people meet pretty much the same way at any age?

I cant believe it since at least in 50s most people are married ,not interested in dating etc

while in 20s,30s all you have to do is go out a friday night

My brother (now 55) met his now wife (as of Nov 1st),who is 57...through mutual friends who introduced them thinking that they would be a good match.

There are over 50 on line dating sites; vacation package deals...and hobbies/shared interest clubs.

Most over 50's don't go out on Fri nights looking to hook up.

I don't know where you meet guys but being 29, I've never just gone out and met a guy on a Friday night and developed a relationship with him in my life, ever. Neither do anyone I know of all age ranges, that being mid 20s-30s, and 40s. Most people met in school, uni, at work, through friends, online, etc. those things don't change just because you are older. You just hang around people of your own ages, and for online dating, you look to meet people around your own age. I don't see how is it any different. It's like you're trying to prove that it's impossible to meet someone once you are in your 50s or something.

I cant believe it since at least in 50s most people are married ,not interested in dating etc

There are plenty of people who are widowed, divorced or never married in their 50s and long for companionship, to meet a future husband or wife or just want to kick back and have a few drinks. There are more than you think. A friend of mine was a military widow in her 40s and started looking again in her 50s. I know a woman who was a single mom at 20 of one child, never married, and was dating in her 50s. I know a couple divorced people. I know a couple of people that never married because they were devoted to their career, never met the right one, etc. I would say 3/4 of the people I know in their 50s are married - either married young or in their 40s and 50s, but 1/4 of them are available and definitely looking to date - never married, divorced or widowed.

What you believe and what is fact may not be the same thing. With a divorce rate nearing 50% and higher in some places it is reasonable to conclude that 'most' isn't accurate everywhere. Oh, and us old farts are allowed and capable of going out on Friday night. OP is their a point to your post?

What you believe and what is fact may not be the same thing. With a divorce rate nearing 50% and higher in some places it is reasonable to conclude that 'most' isn't accurate everywhere. Oh, and us old farts are allowed and capable of going out on Friday night. OP is their a point to your post?

How about societies where divorce is still not that common,which is where i am from? Is there a way to date there or is it a LOT harder? I am Asking just because i know a few women like that...most of Them are widows

How about societies where divorce is still not that common,which is where i am from? Is there a way to date there or is it a LOT harder? I am Asking just because i know a few women like that...most of Them are widows

Same way. Find out through mutual friends and clubs if they have any single friends. Even if divorce is not common, there are still widows/widowers, a few people who never married or someone whose spouse left them behind. Do you go to church/temple/synagogue? Sometimes word spreads around who is single and eligible. Also consider people who are just a bit older and younger. It would be approrpiate for someone who is 50 to date someone who is in their 40s, or someone who is 55 to date someone in their early 60s or late 40s.

If you're from a place where divorces are not common, you are probably from a completely different culture. That makes it hard to answer. What in particular are your friends finding difficult? And if they are saying it is very difficult, then yes it is difficult.

If you're from a place where divorces are not common, you are probably from a completely different culture. That makes it hard to answer. What in particular are your friends finding difficult? And if they are saying it is very difficult, then yes it is difficult.

It is eastern Europe,so while not very conservative they still are very traditional.especially Those over 50

I don't know where you meet guys but being 29, I've never just gone out and met a guy on a Friday night and developed a relationship with him in my life, ever. Neither do anyone I know of all age ranges, that being mid 20s-30s, and 40s. Most people met in school, uni, at work, through friends, online, etc. those things don't change just because you are older. You just hang around people of your own ages, and for online dating, you look to meet people around your own age. I don't see how is it any different. It's like you're trying to prove that it's impossible to meet someone once you are in your 50s or something.

I've never at any time in my life gone out on a Friday night looking for a casual hook-up. Maybe I missed out on a vital part of growing up. If (very big IF) I was ever dating again, I would probably prefer to date someone I like that I've met online (not necessarily a dating site) than hang out on a Friday night. Only snag I see with meeting online is distance and I've never done it and prefer someone I could see 2/3 times a week.

Same way. Find out through mutual friends and clubs if they have any single friends. Even if divorce is not common, there are still widows/widowers, a few people who never married or someone whose spouse left them behind. Do you go to church/temple/synagogue? Sometimes word spreads around who is single and eligible. Also consider people who are just a bit older and younger. It would be approrpiate for someone who is 50 to date someone who is in their 40s, or someone who is 55 to date someone in their early 60s or late 40s.

Good point, I've dated outside my age range and my wife is nearly 10 years younger.

Archived