Need some advice - Overthinking?

snf23

Thank you so much again, your words have really helped me figure out what I want. I completely trust that he is not dating or physically involved with anyone else like he says, but I need to talk to him about "shopping" with other girls if he does in fact only want to be with me. At this stage, I feel comfortable enough with him to bring my concerns to his attention and go from there. When he mentioned it to me before, I played it very cool and shrugged it off because I didn't want to pressure him, so it could be that he thinks I'm okay with it and I'm doing the same. I don't know. But I do know that I need to communicate my feelings Thank you again. He's a special guy, and I don't want to lose him.

I hope it goes just the way you want it to. Let us know how it turns out.

First, as a guy, I think it's normal to move fast when you really have feelings for someone and those feelings are mutual. Usually, when you really like someone you want to spend as much time as you can with them and bring them around the people your close to. But him pulling away show's that he's either not ready for a relationship like this or he's not interested anymore. You could go out with him again, but I'd say the likelihood of this working out is slim to none at this moment. I would break it off if it was me.

It went really well! The subject kind of came up naturally and I was just honest and said that I know we aren't ready for the full relationship talk, but I personally want to see where things go between us by not looking for anything else at the moment. He was very sweet and said that he wants to be exclusive with me, and was only very rarely talking to other girls who messaged him because he thought I was doing the same. When I said I wasn't he seemed to feel a bit bad, but like I said before he had every right to do that and I told him that.

So things are good I'm introducing him to some of my friends this weekend (which I never do, so it's a big deal for me), and he surprised me last night by cooking me dinner and giving me hockey tickets for us to go to later this week I had mentioned on our first date that I really wanted to go to this particular game, so I was taken aback that he had remembered). Hoping things are going down the relationship road eventually, but for now I'm having a lot of fun getting to know him and I know that a relationship will happen naturally if/when we're both ready for that.

Archived