She gave me her number but didn't text me back?

IDer89

So I just got out of a serious, intense and long term relationship after I had to relocate back home due to my work visa expiring. It killed me but I'm getting better and luckily my ex is now half way accross the world so I won't be bumping in to her.

I'm not ready to commit to anyone but would like to start to explore my options, perhaps have a date or two. Trouble is I've not been on the market for three years so am a little rusty, even before then I wasn't exactly an expert.....

So a girl I knew from high school messaged me on Facebook recently asking about some career advice, mainly how to get a visa from where I'd just left. We haven't seen/spoken to each other in over six years and when we were in school I didn't mix with her much as she had a long term boyfriend, always thought she was stunningly attractive though. I told her what I knew and since she was traveling to where I lived abroad over summer gave her some restaurant tips etc. At the end she gave me her number and said when she was back we should go for a drink or dinner to catch up.

So she got back a week or two ago and I left it as I was busy sorting my new life out here but decided to shoot her a quick text the other day to ask how she was doing and if she had gotten over the jet leg. No reply. Before over Facebook she was very quick to respond and would type out long messages etc.

I'm tempted to message her to make sure she gave me the right number but am nervous about coming on too strong now? She was the one that offered drinks/dinner and seemed eager to catch up so not sure where to go?

Very much aware she could just be offering her friendship and nothing else, but at the very least it would be nice to see her again.....any tips?

""So she got back a week or two ago and I left it as I was busy sorting my new life out here but decided to shoot her a quick text the other day to ask how she was doing and if she had gotten over the jet leg. No reply. Before over Facebook she was very quick to respond and would type out long messages etc.""

You mention you did this the `other day'. Don't know how long that may be but I would sit tight another day or so. Though she may have been communicative at that time doesn't mean she's on FB everyday. I often see PM's from a few days ago for no other reason than I overlooked them. Your reaching out seemed harmless enough so I can't imagine a good reason why she wouldn't respond other than maybe she hadn't seen it.

Wait a couple days and use the number she gave you. You are a guy after all and that's what guys do.(ask girls out If she doesn't respond then you have your answer.

You mention you did this the `other day'. Don't know how long that may be but I would sit tight another day or so. Though she may have been communicative at that time doesn't mean she's on FB everyday. I often see PM's from a few days ago for no other reason than I overlooked them. Your reaching out seemed harmless enough so I can't imagine a good reason why she wouldn't respond other than maybe she hadn't seen it.

Wait a couple days and use the number she gave you. You are a guy after all and that's what guys do.(ask girls out If she doesn't respond then you have your answer.

Ah you seem to have misunderstood/perhaps I wasn't clear and waffled too much.

I texted her on the number she gave me but I got no reply. This was on Thursday evening so I figured either she may not be interested or accidentally gave me the wrong number.

I wanted to know if it's ok to message her on Facebook to ask how she is and make sure she gave me her correct number. I mentioned the being quick to reply as she was talkative on Facebook before she went on her trip so was a bit miffed as to why there was no reply to my text.....

Archived