To celebrate or not to celebrate...

digiash

I'm in a strange predicament. The anniversary of the first time my boyfriend and I started dating is this weekend. We broke up for about 3 months in the spring. I feel like I want to get him a gift for the first time be asked me to be his girlfriend a year ago. Would you celebrate if you were apart for a few months?

Even if your breakup was on fairly friendly terms (which is possible), I wouldn't recommend this. I was in a relationship a few years ago where I was also extremely sentimental about our "anniversaries" (still would be, if I had a girlfriend) and I may have considered doing something like this a few years ago but I'm highly relieved that my friends talked me out of it. I even stayed friends with my ex for a while and only considered giving her a gift for Christmas but that was different. I would highly advise against getting him something to commemorate an anniversary that he may not remember

I think the second poster missed the fact you guys are back together? At least that's what I"m assuming?

If the day has special meaning for you, then celebrate it.

I agree with this. Men love gifts too... in fact my boyfriend and I are constantly buying each other little gifts and trinkets and not just on special days either.

Just don't make it too elaborate or cheesy ...but yeah a small gift of something you know he will enjoy would be really nice IMO.

Archived