Tips on talking to this girl, help!

Kuntry

I'm new to the forum Okay, to start off, i'm shy Due to my damn pimples, my self confidence is ruined. Some days i feel like a king, others, like a peasant. However i'm ready to feel like the most amazing guy out there when i talk to this girl tomorrow. Heres the story, i'm 17, senior in highschool, and there is this girl in my second period AP Psychology class. Shes gorgeous. I sit on the other side of the classroom with my wild and rowdy friends, we are the side that makes noise and stuff in class, always talking. She sits on the other side of the classroom, doesn't talk to anyone around her, shes always quiet, but...always on her phone.. I hope that doesn't mean she has a boyfriend and is always texting him. She COULD just be doing the "i'm not weird" act where you are on your phone all the time when you are quiet and shy, i do it too when i have no friends in a certain class. My idea for tomorrow is this, since like 5 minutes before the bell rings to our next class, we all stand by the door waiting. I figured i could just stand near her, avoiding my friends, and casually ask her about the test we just took in the class. I'll stand near her and say, "Hey, what did you think 'bout that test? Hard huh?" Then i'll keep the conversation going on from there. Just little small talk since i have NEVER spoken to her, i don't even know her name since she is on the other side of the large classroom. What do you guys think? Is my plan good? Any revisions or tips you can give me?

Once the bell rings i'll just be like, "Alright gotta go, what's your name?"

I think small talk about the test is good - it's a good icebreaker and hopefully will get things started.

Also, go to a dermatologist to get your skin cleared up. Don't pick at your pimples. Also, don't over-wash your face or put on too many products as that can make the breakouts worse. my skin really cleared up when I started getting regular facials.

Oh...this sounds like a time machine for me. I would give myself so much advice about opportunity and regret, confidence and the human heart.

First, I'd advise, "What's your name?, Mines _____".....then talk about whatever.

The fact that you want to know her name is enough to convey that you have noticed her, that you find her interesting.

Regarding the skin/complexion. Sure, work on that, but it will pass in time. It took until my skin cleared up (college) for me to realize that it was never my skin. I was tall, handsome, smart, no acne....still insecure. It took me a bit to realize that I was my own worst critic and judge and that this was projected onto 'what others could think of me'. I had to learn to ignore my inner critic in order to feel comfortable around others and comfortable with myself. Make sure you are not judging yourself too harshly or you will subliminally tell others that they should not accept you because you don't accept you. Work on confidence, no matter the pimple load.

Oh...this sounds like a time machine for me. I would give myself so much advice about opportunity and regret, confidence and the human heart.

First, I'd advise, "What's your name?, Mines _____".....then talk about whatever.

The fact that you want to know her name is enough to convey that you have noticed her, that you find her interesting.

Regarding the skin/complexion. Sure, work on that, but it will pass in time. It took until my skin cleared up (college) for me to realize that it was never my skin. I was tall, handsome, smart, no acne....still insecure. It took me a bit to realize that I was my own worst critic and judge and that this was projected onto 'what others could think of me'. I had to learn to ignore my inner critic in order to feel comfortable around others and comfortable with myself. Make sure you are not judging yourself too harshly or you will subliminally tell others that they should not accept you because you don't accept you. Work on confidence, no matter the pimple load.

Also....Rejection is always better than 'what if'. My mind seldom drifts to rejection, that stings and leaves. But I think back to high school and of the times I did nothing and stayed silent, letting people drift away and out of my life never having tried to advocate for myself as a human who yearned for a connection with them. This haunts you forever. Don't build a library of these situation.

Archived