Levels of Attraction?

RefugeeS0ul

I'm curious what each of these different type of attractions mean. Thanks everyone

A. I see a woman who I think is cute, try to keep myself from looking at her too often and coming off as a stalker haha( I mainly like looking at her face). I get this urge to want to get to know her better, sometimes imagining her as a future partner. I don't really think of anything sexual besides light kissing,cuddling and this weird urge to run my hands through her hair 0_0.

B. I see a woman who I think is very attractive, making me numb all over because I'm intimidated by her "hotness". I mainly think about sexual acts with this kind of girl, don't really attempt to picture her as the partner type cause at least from her appearance, it looks as if our personalities wouldn't match too much(plus my confidence is a lot lower with these women). When checking out this woman, I turn into well "a guy" looking at her assets and face, majority of the time turning me on since I think of sex.

C. See a woman who I think looks good but nothing beyond that, don't envision her as a future partner nor do I think about sex.

Are these all different types of attraction?

If you got into a relationship with all of them and they dumped you then Girl A will you hurt you the most by far. Girl C will not matter to you unless you take it too personal, and Girl B will be kind of a mix. You could say "eh whatever" or you could miss having sex with a hottie.

I don't think these are different types of attraction. I just think you have MORE of an attraction to girl A, then girl B, then girl C.

Your current needs might be a relationship so thats why you will get hurt by Girl A more, than girl B. Lets say your needs are sex, then maybe girl B is the bigger heartbreaker.

EDIT: The reason I think you want/ need a relationship is because the way you talk about girl A reminds me of the girl I messed up on (omg name!) so much.

I disagree with this. Firstly, attraction change over time as you get to know someone. Even the most beautiful person will become boring, insufferable and unattractive over time if there are things about them you can't stand or if they are not compatible with you. Conversely, as you grow to like, or even love, someone as you get to know them more and more, you will find them get more attractive each day.

You can get hurt just as much by any of the three (if you insist on distinguishing them) in a relationship, it depends upon the amount of emotional investment you put into the relationship and how attached you grow to them, it has nothing to do with your initial attraction to them.

I disagree with this. Firstly, attraction change over time as you get to know someone. Even the most beautiful person will become boring, insufferable and unattractive over time if there are things about them you can't stand or if they are not compatible with you. Conversely, as you grow to like, or even love, someone as you get to know them more and more, you will find them get more attractive each day.

You can get hurt just as much by any of the three (if you insist on distinguishing them) in a relationship, it depends upon the amount of emotional investment you put into the relationship and how attached you grow to them, it has nothing to do with your initial attraction to them.

Yeah I've noticed that when I talk to Type B, I really don't care too much about what they say, I'm just thinking about getting her into bed. I've tried dating a B before and she bored me to tears yet turned me on so much. I've also noticed that many of the B types usually look like the type of people that have had a lot of sexual experience, so probably not confident that I could hold onto a relationship with them anyway.

Regarding A, to me they look friendlier(someone I could get along with) so I'd approach them more often, I don't think of sex with them at first, rather a potential partner that I could have fun, get closer and be with, thoughts outside of sex. Over time I develop a strong sexual attraction to her(maybe I think of them too highly to even want to go with my sexual urges), yet never the same level as the initial attraction to type A.

Now with type C, I think they're pretty but I couldn't see myself dating her let alone having sex, so I just let it go away.

I was just going off of the information given though. I have no reason to assume that his opinion will change with any of the women, until he gives additional information. Judging by how he described the women, I totally believe that he feels the most attraction (combination of emotions and sex) towards girl A, followed by girl B, and then girl C. Therefore, it makes the most sense to me for him to feel more pain depending on how much value he placed in them. I get what you're saying, because obviously your opinion can change over time, but we just don't have the information at the moment.

I was just going off of the information given though. I have no reason to assume that his opinion will change with any of the women, until he gives additional information. Judging by how he described the women, I totally believe that he feels the most attraction (combination of emotions and sex) towards girl A, followed by girl B, and then girl C. Therefore, it makes the most sense to me for him to feel more pain depending on how much value he placed in them. I get what you're saying, because obviously your opinion can change over time, but we just don't have the information at the moment.

He's not talking about a specific girl (or three) I believe, he's talking about three types of initial attraction or lack thereof that he feels when he meets a non-specific woman. That initial attraction upon meeting someone doesn't indicate anything in terms of who you like more or less once you actually talk to them and get to know them, or develop a relationship with, or who will hurt you more if you break up. Like mhowe said, it's like looking at pictures.

I think they are different levels if attraction... There are girls that guys will just have sex with.. Then girls that fill space in between (disposable) and girls you could have a long future with...

It really depends where you are at in life... If you're not looking to settle down... Then follow your boner to girl B. But leave girl C alone because even if you aren't having feelings she is a person too and you will hurt her....

If you go around hurting ppl... You will never get girl A.

Girl A is the girl

Guys marry...

Guys don't marry girl B.. They just have sex.. Girl B also has her issues.. Because she uses sex to get guys... Under the misconception that guys will marry her because she's hot..

There's a difference between someone you think is attractive and being attracted to them.

The rest is just a mix of lust and desire and attraction. You will have different different amounts for different women. We are wired to what attracts us, but it's all still very mysterious. Relax, enjoy the ride. Stop thinking.

Archived