Can't help but blame myself

Hey everyone! Today, I feel sad as I so often have in the last month. It's strange with me... sometimes I'm actually happy and relieved - other times, like right now, I can't help but feel sad.

When I feel like this, I start blaming myself. Stuff like maybe I deserved it. That maybe I am soo awful that I deserved to be left for someone else... and that's okay. That it HAS to be true right, considering he doesn't miss me - he doesn't contact me. I still check my phone. I don't ever text him or call him or anything like that. But I check. Is that just awfully pathetic.

It's just one of those moments that I feel really down. And I know I have issues but I'm trying to work on them, I really am.

star554, I completely understand how you feel. I keep going through the exact same feelings. It's been almost three months since my split, two months since NC was initiated. My ex isn't in another relationship yet, but I know he's talking to new people. It can only get better. I'm not in love with him anymore, but I still have feelings for him and I miss his company.

You don't deserve to be left for anyone else. Sometimes, no matter how much it hurts, these things are a blessing in disguise. You're free now to meet and be with someone who truly loves you and would never dream of doing to you what your ex did.

Take each day as it comes. Keep working on the insecurities and hurt you're feeling and it will get better.... the key is just giving it time. Lots and lots of time. I'm sorry you're feeling down. You will get through this!

He is doing what 95% of the advice is given here and that is go to no contact. This is what happens on the other side of that.

You must not worry about him calling. I know you are fearful that you will never ever talk to him again and odds are that you will eventually talk to him again, however be prepared handle him not ever speaking to you.

Relationships require two people to make it happen. This does not mean you are not worthy of a relationship, this just means that he was not the one for you. Look on the bright side. Now you have room to meet someone new.

Hi Guys! So today I decided to be a little selfish and write down the things I like to do for myself. One of those things included going to India which I've always wanted to do. I bought tickets and I'm set for a trip later this year. I'm pretty excited!

One thing that I kinda decided was that there a lot of little things that I've been meaning to do in the past. I didn't always have the time because other things came first. My friend's birthday, I have to get a kickass gift. Or I dunno things just came up haha. But for now, I'm gonna focus on doing things I like... like reading that book I've always wanted to read.

I feel pretty good today. Hopefully, it sticks.

Archived