Just wanted to get someone else's opinion

bluebaby95

This starts back in 2011, we were both 15 going on 16. We started talking as friends as the school year was winding down . We didn't talk as much but as summer went on, we got closer and closer, becoming best friends. As the next school year was coming i liked him more and more. But he wasn't going to the same school as me anymore, and he lived about 40 minutes away. I still had a few issues from being hurt by someone before him but he made me forget all about him, for the moment. We didn't see eachother much but we made sure to talk all the time. We went to my homecoming and that's where he told me he loved me.. probably the best night ever. I was planning on going to his but i started to get cold feet and scared. I was dealing with issues, we got into a little disagreement and i didn't want to "hurt" him. Really now that i think back i was just really scared that he'd leave and i didn't want to get hurt again. I used his ONLY flaw to break up. And instantly regretted it but since i'm stubborn i didn't tell him what i should of, that i was sorry and i didn't mean it, that i just got scared. It took me a year and to be forced to move out of state to really say sorry. We had talked here and there between that time. but in the time that we didn't talk i took care of my issue, and thought deeply. When i moved we talked more and more again, talked about what went wrong and i told him the complete truth. With the truth came the feelings that were still there. He kept telling me to come home, and if i could have i would have. I moved in 2012 and have been single since. Although we did "plan" to see what's in store for "us" when i came back, and we had no obligation to one another. I have no attraction to another person. Well, My mom decided i needed to live with her husband who's she's been separated with for 17 years and i tried but while trying something clicked and i broke. I came home and while they (him and my mom) tried to convince me to not go i stood my ground. I missed home, i missed the love i got from family here and i missed him. I was honestly drained.. emotionally and mentally. and i've been here a month and feeling better day by day. We talk just about every night. Haven't seen each other yet but things are hectic on each side, we've planned for next month to make time when things slow down. Before i came home , we talked about things that had happened that week, how someone was trying to pursue me and how i had explained that i couldn't because it wouldn't be fair to go half in while they'd be giving me their heart and i couldn't return the gift. My heart has been my loves, he knows it. I was asking a question to him trying to not be too forward. I explained that i was one persons for the taking if they wanted me.. and he responded that he'd been waiting that he wants me very much so. It took a little bit to convince him i was coming home to stay. But now lately again we talk like we did while i was away, we talk about the future, together. (like using the words " "when" you're" "us"

Im pretty confident in how i feel and how he feels most days, just wanted to know someone else's opinion on the whole thing.

Sounds like a good start to a new (and improved) relationship.

Now that you're back home, what are you going to do with your life? College? Career? You're both still very young and have a lot of living to do. I suggest you not make the relationship the center of your life. It's icing. Let the rest of your life be the cake.

Well I had to stop high school for a year to help with family things so now that I'm back I'm going to finish my senior year of high school and then go to college. I'm currently looking for a part time job. The relationship isn't first priority. I think if it was I nor he would be able to enjoy it. As you say "its the icing" not the whole cake

Archived