Is there something wrong with my pictures??

69_king

OK, last week I signed up to an online dating site. At least there, girls can't say "Oh, Im not really looking for a relationship right now" and you can find out a little about them before wasting an entire evening finding out you have nothing in common.

Anyway I have one picture attached to my profile that everyone can see. Then I have three more private ones that people can see if I grant them access.

So far I have given 3 girls access to the private pictures. And all 3 immediately ceased all communication after I did this. And I know they have been online since.

I had exchanged 4 or 5 emails with the first girl when I gave her access and then I have not heard one word from her since.

The second girl initiated contact with me and in my first response to her I gave her access. Again, after that, no communication.

The third girl I exchanged 1 email with and she was like "Oh, I want to find out more about you!" So I sent her message and a pass to the private pictures and since then: NOTHING!

This is my profile picture that everyone can see:

image removed

And these are the three private pictures:

image removed

image removed

image removed

Is it just a coincidence that they stopped talking to me after this or does it have something to do with the pics?

Personally I see nothing wrong them, I have no probs with my appearance and anyway it shouldn't be all that important, right?

As a guy, I can't really speak for the ladies, but I think the first pic is the best pic, no offence. The first pic looks modern, and like you've done your hair and your happy etc. The other 3 look a bit 'on the spot photos'. I guess this gives a real indication of what your really like, but i guess they don't want that so much. I suggest taking 3 new pictures of you like in the original (ie hair cut nicely, smiling etc). This is just personally what I would do, even though i'm not an expert by far. Good luck!

Hey!

The pictures just give very different impressions. Don't worry. The girl that is genuinely interested in you won't cut you off based on pictures anyway.

I never dated online or sign up to these kind of sites. I think these kind of things could be typical problems with this form of meeting people. Maybe it's not the way for you.

Don't get insecure so soon. There is nothing wrong with you, so how can anything be wrong with your pictures? They are pictures of how you look not who you are. Looks are just a small part of who you are.

Maybe don't give access after 1 email. Wait longer, and instead of looking for people who are interested in you, look for people that interest you in the first place. You would feel a lot less rejected if you would focus on the question if you like the girl instead of worrying if she likes you, right?

Ilse.

I don't think your pictures are bad at all. However, I do kind of see where others are coming from.

The first one seems like it would be the natural you. Like you aren't really posing for the camera, its just capturing you in your natural state. However, the other pictures sort of seem like you are posing. I don't think people look as good in pictures when they are smiling for the camera rather than someone just taking it without them knowing. Not that you look bad in the other ones.. I hope what I'm saying is making sense.

Obviously nothing is wrong with them. I can't say why any girls would stop talking to you because of your pictures. That seems shallow to me and they aren't even half bad. Just keep meeting new girls. You will find one.

And

If I were the girl browsing, I would really like the first and the third pic. But this is besides the issue, all are pics of YOU. Don't go online dating pretending you are someone else.

I would of course also send my best pic but that's the whole thing: if you meet people irl, they see you even when you yawn and sneez and even worse. If they like you, they will think you are cute even if you wake up with your hair looking like an exploded mop, puffy eyes and not able to speak or think after shower-coffee-cigarette in that exact order.

(for the record: that's me in the morning. )

Ilse

Let me give you the brutual truth.

You are not a bad looking guy (as hard as it is for me to say being a guy). The others look older and you look more nerdy than first. When I look at the first I think, this is some cool 20something that is sitting at a couch at a party. When I see the other three I think that your Mom took them. Now the others are correct. Your course of action should depend on what girls you want to attract.

1) leave the pics and wait for the girl that wont worry about looks so much. Let her be pleasntly surprised when she sees the real you.

2) Get a digital camera and take some new pic. If you cant afford it, borrow one, or buy a webcam. They even have cheppy digitals

Now all this hinges on your entire philosophy of how you should persent yourself. Should you go all out and try to attract as many as possible and then show them the deeper you, or do you want to show real pictures that will attract a girl that is attracted to you in less than ideal conditions.

I'm starting to babble, I hope some of this helps.

Online dating sites suck man, dont do it.

I know!! But real life dating in my town is like what online dating was probably like in the early 90's.

Honestly, I have so few pics of myself. The first and third ones were kinda off guard but the other two were like "Hey, let me take a picture of you" and then you have to pose.

And if I had pictures of hot girls hanging all over me then I wouldn't be

going to an online dating site, would I??

Girls who have pics of guys all over them turn me right off anyway.

I wanted to show a few "poor" pictures so I'm not misrepresenting myself.

(I still don't think they are poor)

People look better in 3D anyway.

I was just wondering if there was some glaring problem that I was totally missing.

Hahaha, nice editing!

I see nothing wrong with the other pictures either, but I have to agree with the majority that the first picture IS best; it seems to be capturing a very happy moment. And perhaps I'm crazy, but you really remind me of some celebrity, although I can't put my finger on who it is...

You did right by making the first pic your public photo.

The other photos are fine. #2 and #4 look a little washed out. don't be shy about running them through a graphics program to adjust the levels.

it would be cooler to show pix of you doing something... pix of your last ski or camping trip... playing sports.. or doing whatever. Something that would reflect your lifestyle and personality.

You have no excues not to take new pictures if you need to. The question is if you need to....

And if I had pictures of hot girls hanging all over me then I wouldn't be

going to an online dating site, would I??

You want me to show you pics I have . And yes i've been to online dating sites.

Girls who have pics of guys all over them turn me right off anyway.

NUMBER ONE MISTAKE! YOU ARE NOT A FEMALE. I'm telling you. Go to hotornot. Guys with girls in the pictures get the best rating. It's pure psychology, and I have refrences upon request.

I wanted to show a few "poor" pictures so I'm not misrepresenting myself.

(I still don't think they are poor)

If you don't get results, then you need new pics. Ipso facto. Hey, you asked if something is wrong with your pics. I say hold out. If you dont attract any girls, let alone the right kind of girl, then something about your profile needs to change.

I was just wondering if there was some glaring problem that I was totally missing.

Yes there is, and you're still missing it .

j/j

Hey, thanks for the compliments that's not why I put my pics up but its nice.

Well, I guess there is no 'serious' prob, I just thought maybe there was

something coming out of my nose or something like that and I just wasn't seeing it!!

Anyway they've got to like me for who I am, screw the pictures. I could tell them a thing or two about their pictures

And perhaps I'm crazy, but you really remind me of some celebrity, although I can't put my finger on who it is...

ya, well I can make myself look like a variety of celebs depending on my hairstyle, clothing, angle, expression, etc. Like Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Harrison Ford, Val Kilmer ... and I can look like the golfers Nick Faldo and Justin Leonard (when I wear a baseball hat) (which is never)

Oh my gosh, I remembered who it is you remind me of! Have you ever watched the show Sabrina The Teenaged Witch, the newer version starring Melissa Joan Hart? Well there's an actor in it, I believe his name is Josh in the show, and you ressemble him quite a bit!

Never watched it but ...

Like this:

image removed

Hey, thats freaky.

I look more like that guy than ony of the others I listed (well, in real life I don't really look like any of these people, unless I made myself up, which I don't)

Photoshop always does the trick when it comes to fixing up pics.

Women are attracted to guys with women? I saw some posts on here a while back (wish I could find them) where women claimed that they were not attracted to that. But I dunno. Isn't link removed just there to rate how people look and not their personality anyway?

I agree with whoever said take pics of you doing something you like to do. That would definitely improve your profile a bit.

69_king I don't think there is anything wrong with the pics. Not so sure why women are ignoring you like that. It could always be something you wrote in your profile. You never know.

Alright, I am an online dating veteran and there is nothing wrong with the pics "at face value" but I do think having pics of you doing something you enjoy would be much better...in my backstage I had pics of me cycling, etc and generally just pics taken "unposed". I always liked when someone had pics of them having fun to show me.

Another poster recommended professional photos - DON'T do that...I think that is generally suspicious and strange...some people put their modelling photos up. Guess what, they never look the same in real life - though I guess one in the backstage would be okay.

I would get more fun pics like your first one, that seem casual and off guard almost

Maybe also get a friend with an objective eye to read your profile - for me those were a big selection tool and make sure your profile name is not something like "LUVBGBOOBS" or something

Yer not calling yerself "69 King" on the dating site are you?

If so we've found the problem.

HAHAHA! No, I'm not using "69king"!! I'm not telling you what it is though.

Ok, the prob is not with my profile or nickname or anything because I have had heaps of ladies sending me smiles. (or at least I did in the first week) I have only replied to 1 because most of them live just a little bit too far away. And they could do with some better pics themselves. Like, smiling doesn't hurt!!

Hmmm, on second thought, perhaps you should remove the picture that's a side-profile...Is it really necessary for these ladies to see you from EVERY angle? It gives off the impression that you're trying too hard, whereas replacing it with a picture of you actually doing something (as others suggested) is more natural and appealing.