FB friend requests...

Jeffbobo

I dated a woman a few years ago who broke up with me because she accused me of seeing other woman. We had been Facebook friends and when she broke it off with me a few years ago, she defriended me. Now, just recently, she sent me a friend request out of the blue. Frankly, I've not thought about her since then but now I'm kind of curious how her life has been going. Not sure if I should friend her. Anyone been in this situation before?

Yep, befriended them, listened to what dribble they had to say (only because I am a sticky beak and wanted to see if they had improved as a person at all lol) then defriended them! Do it for the entertainment benefit, nothing to lose lol!

It sounds like you're completely over her so if you're curious about how she's doing, why not? You can also unfriend again if it becomes an issue. She's probably just curious about your life, too. I see nothing wrong w/ it.

This has happened to me twice.

I accepted the first one. He chatted me up, told me that he grew up and realized how terribly wrong he was, asked for my number and said he would call... then didn't call (I waited a long time to react - about a month!). I then unfriended him again. He has since tried to add me another 2-3 times. Whatever. He can stay unfriended.

The second guy friended me, I accepted, but he hasn't actually spoken to me. I get the impression that he wanted to show me how much his life has gotten better, but I guess he didn't think that my life would have moved on too and my life got better too. I get this impression from the stuff he posts. Whatever. I'm thinking of unfriending him too.

I've learned my lesson. I wouldn't do it again. Nothing good has ever come from friending an ex (for me).

I dated a woman a few years ago who broke up with me because she accused me of seeing other woman. We had been Facebook friends and when she broke it off with me a few years ago, she defriended me. Now, just recently, she sent me a friend request out of the blue. Frankly, I've not thought about her since then but now I'm kind of curious how her life has been going. Not sure if I should friend her. Anyone been in this situation before?

Friend her. You can always de-friend/block her later if need be. This will satiate your curiosity and give you a door to leave if you so choose.

Archived