I need to be less needy, clingy, and insecure. How?

ManInLove

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you would think that if something really so serious would of happened that she would of called to explain..rather than text message..dont you think...? why go through all the the trouble of texting instead of calling...

the lies just fit too perfect...she was working when she was uppose to be off..u gave her a little heads up saying when you were goign to show up..she wasnt there but later told u why and of course like always she made it a point to point out that she left her phone where she couldnt get in contact with you...

has she brought up another time to even meet up with you?..like why does it always have to be like a planned out event..u guys just stay in cook dinner and talk relax..i dont get it...

Sorry to hear of this MIL. I think it's time to give her the flick. She is a joke. Sorry to be so blunt. You are still accepting her excuses.

Once you accept that her excuses are unacceptable then I think you will be able to see the bigger picture here. I know it's hard, but it's for your own good.

OK, so it's not over. I think that I need to be reasonable. She had a very understandable excuse for standing me up. We have texted since and I think that things will work out.

She won't change. She has already shown you who she is through repeatedly standing you up due to "understandable excuses". I'm sorry, but it is highly improbable that all these scenarios have prevented her from seeing you this many times. Please accept the fact that she will never treat you well and stop putting her on a pedestal.

Right now you are doormat and that is NOT attractive to any woman. Trust me.

In my opinion, this relationship is one-sided. Do you want to be in a relationship where your partner just makes up excuses and never makes time to be with you? Please give yourself some respect. I dont see this situation changing in the future. You will always be eating your head thinking "why she didnt call me" "should I call her or not" "Do I look like Im clingy?". Find a person that shares the same intensity.

The same thing happened to me and I will tell you what... It is because they didnt have the same feelings as I had for them. I know its hard and you love this person and you may think you'd prefer being with them and let them treat you this way than being alone... but you need to stand up for yourself! You deserve someone better.

It has been approximately a month since I started this thread. I needed help with stopping my insecure and needy behavior. I have received an immense amount of advice here, most of which was very helpful and always appreciated. Some of the advice I followed, some I did not.

This forum has not been my only source for support and advice. I have been blessed with some really great friends and I have also sought the help of my therapist. In addition, I discovered 7cupsoftea, a really great site and some really supportive people.

A month later I feel that I am now mostly capable of overcoming my insecurities. Sometimes the weak man inside me tries to rise up, but when he does, I give him the mental version of a whack to the face with a shovel.

Both my girlfriend and I have made efforts to do what's necessary to move our relationship forward, treat each other with respect, and make the necessary compromises. It hasn't been easy. Some really unfortunate things have happened, but we have dealt with them.

In the space of a month I went from being insecure and stressed to being confident and optimistic about the future. I am blessed to have found this amazing woman and am still in awe of the fact that she feels the same way about me.

I want to thank everyone who took the time to read and post. Your empathy and support have been invaluable.

I believe that this thread can now be closed.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

I hope everything works out for you and i wish you the best but i must say one thing

you do struggle with some insecurities.. a lot of people do but i dont think its as bad as you make it out to be....

I think your issue is that you let people walk over you....you need to be more confident...you sound like a very

nice person and you deserve someone who treats you equally as you treat them..whether it be this

woman or another ...Dont be afraid to stick up for yourself....

Remember that all the work you are doing is for YOU, and not to keep this girl. She could disappear from your life tomorrow. The most important relationship you can work on is the one you have with yourself.

edit- just saw that the thread is closed. Good luck with everything.

Archived