I'm sure you know the song Torn between two lovers, if not it's old 70's song. Anyway there's the local guy and the Texas guy. I really like the Texas guy, but still don't know that he's not a catfish guy. I kind of feel like I'm leading on the local guy because he's asked me on a date for this weekend, which I accepted. And he's genuinely a nice guy.

The other guy is a man's man, and if his picture match his image he's a hottie. I've asked to do a video chat, I'll see if that happens. His computer is for work he says and he would have to get his own laptop, which he can afford I'll just have to see if he does it. He's also moving fast, wants me to be exclusive with him and stuff like that. Therein lies the problem. Do I risk it and go out with the local guy, or do I tell the local guy I've met someone whom I technically haven't met yet?

I should say both guys have professed feelings for me prior to actually meeting. It's like something is in the air, it really caught me off guard. Is it my age group? They just move faster? I know who I like but I don't know if he's a fantasy or reality, how do long distance people determine that quickly? He's shown me a zillion pics, I did the catfish thing and the pics are original. Any other tell tale signs?

If someone lives far away, looks a hottie in his pics and wants to be exclusive before even meeting in person, something is wrong. For one thing, if he really had the feelings he has professed for you, he would have made plans to come see you and it doesn't seem like he has.

As for the local guy, go on the date and see what happens. You're under no obligation to tell him about the Texas guy or any other guy you've been talking to...at this point, it's just talk with both of them.

Turns out the other guy had more red flags. His ex-wife ran off with his adult 19 year old son the wedding is in October. He has two small children, I told him to get custody because brother and mother are getting married. How sick is that?!

I got a new fish on the line but his from Wisconsin. Maybe I should give him a look.

Turns out the other guy had more red flags. His ex-wife ran off with his adult 19 year old son the wedding is in October. He has two small children, I told him to get custody because brother and mother are getting married. How sick is that?!

I got a new fish on the line but his from Wisconsin. Maybe I should give him a look.

You have no idea if any of that is true. I agree that you should move on and try to find someone who lives near you and who you can meet ASAP in person so that you can quickly screen out the train wrecks (or men who pretend to be train wrecks, or women who pretend to be men, etc)

Archived