Is he interested???

Marla

Okay so I just got out of a long term relationship…I think I'm ready to start dating again but I'm having a difficult time reading men after being in a relationship for such a long time.

Before me and my EX broke up I met someone at work where I was temporarily placed. He at the time seemed very interested, he asked me what I like to do for fun, what my favorite restaurant is, if I wanted to stay late and work with him… then he asked me if my BF works in the same field… I said No. Not sure what he took that as. He asked me to work with him the next day and I did…he asked me out to lunch. At that point I realized he was hitting on me…Yes I didn't realize it till that moment in which I realized it was wrong to keep speaking to him so just left for the day.

Okay now me and my EX broke up for reasons completely un-related, kinda sorta.

I emailed this guy a few weeks ago gave him my phone number and told him I had questions that were work related… he promptly texted me answering my questions being extremely nice, but keeping it all business. I texted him last week and we spoke about work again very nice responses but nothing personal really.

I really liked him from the moment I met him but I'm not sure if he's interested anymore…what does everyone think??? should I text him again?? What do I say to find out if he still is interested???

I figured if he was interested he would have texted me back by now…I initiated the contact and don't want to come off desperate or as a psycho...

Okay so I just got out of a long term relationship…I think I'm ready to start dating again

Sorry, but these two statements don't go together. Leapfrogging onto someone else after a long term relationship is called 'rebounding' and of course you'll have difficulties. You're still functioning in LTR mode and haven't taken the time to get solidly grounded while solo. This will impact your attitudes and behaviors--and your decision making.

You'll attract unhealthy people willing to operate in unhealthy ways, and you'll repel anyone healthy enough to recognize and avoid the toxicity that comes along with people who haven't healed themselves into a strong solo state.

So if you're not willing to take time out of relationships, be prepared for a rocky road ahead--and good luck with that. I'd research 'rebounding' and consider your course carefully.

No he doesn't know me and my BF broke up and I'm not sure if when I told him the first time he understood I had a BF becuase he kept hitting on me. If I were to pursue how I would go about telling him?

I do realize it may be to soon... Ill look up rebounding

No he doesn't know me and my BF broke up and I'm not sure if when I told him the first time he understood I had a BF becuase he kept hitting on me. If I were to pursue how I would go about telling him?

Well, he had asked if your bf works in the same field and you had said no...obviously, that meant you did have a bf or you would have said 'I don't have a bf'

If you're really interested in him, just text him and ask him if he'd like to grab some coffee or something to 'catch up'. If he's still interested, he'll say yes and, when you meet, you'll find a way to let him know you're now single.

Archived