how to find out if she has boyfriend

grandslam1010

The one which is likely to yield the clearest, non-ambiguous, answer is "Have you got a boyfriend?" or some variation of that. I'm not suggesting that you march up to her and just come up with it out of the blue, but if you're having a conversation with her you could just have a general chat about friends, and build up to it.

Years ago, I'd been asked to lunch a few times by a guy that I thought might be married. I hadn't done anything untoward, and they were perfectly innocent lunches, but I was beginning to like him and thought I ought to find out. Was wondering quite how, and then it dawned on me...

Next time I saw him I asked: "Are you married?" It got me all the information I needed!

Yes, just ask her out. If she says she's got a boyfriend, apologise or say he's a lucky guy and exit.

If you want a more subtle way of asking, either ask her what she's doing this weekend/what she did on the weekend (obviously, depending on what day it is). Most people who are honest and with someone will say something like "oh, my BF and I went to the movies" or what have you. If she says something like "nothing", then you can always rib her "your BF too busy to take you out?" or something along those lines, which should then make her either agree ("he had to work") or say she hasn't got one.

Archived