Help me lose a few lbs … Healthy recipes ideas?

Tanzi

Yup, I kissed bread goodbye, along with most "white" carbs - white rice, pasta, etc. Since pasta was one of my downfalls, I haven't touched it except a bite here and there when preparing some for hubby. Sugar, I haven't completely cut out, but about 90% I have. I still allow myself one cup of iced tea on the way taking MIL to work - but I cut the sweet with over half unsweetened (it's fresh brewed).

I've subbed out whole wheat tortillas for bread - since I really don't like the flavor plain, I throw them in the pan and grill them after I make the wrap/burrito. Crisping them makes allllll the difference for me. And I probably already said this - but I try to eat a plentiful amount of filling raw veggies before tucking into my wrap concoctions. So I get the highest nutrition and lowest calorie stuff eaten first, and usually have at least the tail end that's mostly tortilla left.

And I've subbed the baby kale/spinach for any wrap I'd have put lettuce in before - add in a bit of nutrition where I can, since I've cut back so much on stuff.

Still working on moving my meals gradually back further and further, and eating heavier in the morning than afternoon - it's an ongoing challenge!

That's cool that you have a healthy eating buddy in your daughter!

Mine lives cross country from me now, but we share ideas quite a bit - it's fun

I'm about to try this recipe for roasted edamame today link removed

Also going to try this: link removed

I have surgery tomorrow, so I'm laying in a supply of good for me stuff beforehand. I know hubby will cook for me, but some stuff I'm picky about So I need to get more baby carrots today and cook enough mushrooms for a few days of wraps!

Frozen green soybeans - I think the bag I got actually has them as Mukimame. I had some in a stir fry and, while I'm not a huge fan of them raw, cooked they had a nice nutty flavor, so I figured I'd give them a shot

I did Google them a little while ago and discovered they were frozen green soybeans. Interesting. I am enjoying your tips Mesemene.

Archived