What makes a girl jealous of another girl?

Sweetestsin92

You know the type all the guys want, she isn't tu, but attracts many men. Yet girls will say "she's not all that" or "she isn't that cute", but then there is another type of girl that girls won't hate on, but see as hot or whatever

The girl who attracts a lot of jealous females, sometimes get bullied, fake friends etc

I see this in real life

You're not talking about jealousy but about acting on jealousy by gossiping/bullying, etc. Obviously those types of behaviors attract attention especially on social media (where the cowards go to behave this way) - so you're simply noticing it more because it's such childish and small-minded behavior. Many people are jealous of many different things. Some act on it and some do not. It has to do with the individual and how much he or she likes to join other people in behaving badly. Nothing to do with gender.

I have encountered this a lot in my life...I have a good 'jealousy' and 'hater' radar. Usually if you THINK someone is being fake or insincere, they probably are. It's all in body language...and I stay away from those people. The reason they are like that has nothing to do with you..it's what they lack in themselves. Jealousy is a wasteful and useless emotion really.

When woman get jealous of me it is because I took the time to mature emotionally, spiritually, mentally, and most of the time they feel insecure because they haven't done the same. It is hard work, and men really only look for two types of women. Where they are weak in those areas and they can get abused and they can stay in control, manipulate your emotions and feelings, and stay in power mentally by breaking you down. Use you as side candy, and get their sexual gratification, because you're hot and sexy on the outside, but naive. The other is a healthy man that will love you for your intellect, and wants a stable relationship without all the drama and arguing, judging, etc. It's two different world's and of course jealous woman can win by using their bodies, and looks, but of course how long will it last if you not are well balanced and healthy. Of course we all start out being that jealous woman. As you grow and mature you either choose to mature and become the other woman. Jealousy is usually fear, inadequacies, feeling of being rejected, or not being loved.

Insecurity, immaturity, low sense of self worth/value, no belief in themselves.

It's easier for a bunch of mean cows to bunch up and start talking mess and being hateful, but if you really go hard in the paint on them, asking them why, what has that girl done to them (the answer is always "nothing"), they'll start crying. Makes you want to give them something to cry about, as my mother used to say.

In response to Mattiemae:

I disagree --- you may have started out as a jealous woman, but I know I haven't ever been --- and I would say that was more the norm, at least in my

cirlce of friends.

You can be insecure (I certainly was) --- without being jealous.

Regardless, OP --- strive to balance your inner beauty with your outer beauty and you will attract the right man --- and the right women friends.

Well I've never known a woman that hasn't been jealous of one other woman in their life time. I didn't get jealous of woman on a normal basis and was more the person they were jealous of, but from the start of life until now, I would find it hard you were never jealous of a woman, and really there is different degrees of jealousy. No I haven't every been volatilve, or violent towards another woman, but I have compared myself to other ones.

Recently I had been feeling jealous of lots of women because my self esteem was so low after what my ex did to me. But then one night there was this girl who clearly thought she was the most attractive woman in the world and was wearing soooo little at this music night I go to and then when I got up to sing she looked really annoyed and jealous of me being on the stage! It was really funny because it made me feel good about myself that she was jealous of me haha.

So you know you can just take it as flattery when you get closer to a girl as a friend these things go away anyway because you get to know them. Although, some people stay jealous yeah and they just have big problems up their bums if they do I think. I never stay jealous of a girl once I have gotten to know her. I either think they're a lovely person or they're not worth my time then if they're still angry.

Well I've never known a woman that hasn't been jealous of one other woman in their life time. I didn't get jealous of woman on a normal basis and was more the person they were jealous of, but from the start of life until now, I would find it hard you were never jealous of a woman, and really there is different degrees of jealousy. No I haven't every been volatilve, or violent towards another woman, but I have compared myself to other ones.

I don't compare myself to others. I can and freely admit that there are women better looking than me, smarter than me...but I am not and never have been jealous of them. What is the point?

The problem comes when one thinks there is a contest... or something to win.

Women who don't have the need to compete are not jealous. Women who do feel the need to compete, by and large, are the jealous types. It's like they've got to prove something to others (external sources) or else they're invisible or worthless. I won't compete with anyone for anything, except a job. Certainly not for a man or for attention. IF they need attention that badly to feel like they've got worth, go knock yourself out. I won't be joining in. I've got other things I can be doing than playing myself out like that because I don't have to prove anything to anyone, since I'm satisfied with who/how I am (internal sources).

When I was young and had no confidence in myself, wasn't satisfied with who I was, rejected who I was and instead aimed the antagonism at others and felt other women were a threat to my identity or my worth, yes, jealousy was in play. But that was many, many, many years ago. I grew up. I stopped comparing myself to others when I began accepting myself and my limitations. I wasn't going to be petite and blonde. I am tall and dark eyes/haired and I learned to love my raven beauty and work it to my advantage. If a guy wanted something other than what I was, so the eff what? My world didn't come crashing down because I wasn't his preference. Everyone is entitled to like what they like and they don't owe me a pattern of behavior just because I happen to like them. It really wasn't that serious that I needed to engage in comparisons or competitions. Life wasn't going to end if I didn't have a particular guy.

That is a part of growing up and getting on with one's life. One leaves those childish thoughts behind. Jealousy is a huge waste of time and a beast of a stressor--and unnecessary one at that.

Well I've never known a woman that hasn't been jealous of one other woman in their life time..

Maybe the women you have known in your life, but you cannot make a general statement like that as it doesn't hold true to ALL women. I am not the jealous type, for either gender, never have been, never will be. Sure, there are millions of women better looking, better jobs, etc, but I am not jealous of them. I don't see the point because I don't compete because I don't have to. I am happy with who I am, what I am, and very comfortable in my own skin. My life is good. I have no need to be jealous of others.

It's never a good idea to make such broad, general statements as it NEVER applies to ALL.

The problem comes when one thinks there is a contest... or something to win.

Women who don't have the need to compete are not jealous. Women who do feel the need to compete, by and large, are the jealous types. It's like they've got to prove something to others (external sources) or else they're invisible or worthless. I won't compete with anyone for anything, except a job. Certainly not for a man or for attention. IF they need attention that badly to feel like they've got worth, go knock yourself out. I won't be joining in. I've got other things I can be doing than playing myself out like that because I don't have to prove anything to anyone, since I'm satisfied with who/how I am (internal sources).

OP: This awesome post covers it all. Well said Kendahke!

Archived