Getting back together..

alcide

Can people change? will you go back with an ex who used to cheat of you and neglected you all year round with never ending? after a break can he really change? Has any one get back with an ex and regret, or the ex never changed... what do you think about getting back with someone you left for cheating and neglecting you...?would you give it another chance or would you stay away...?

I live my life by saying: 'if he did it once, he will do it twice'. And so far this statement was never false for me. My mom divorced with my dad and later found a new guy, let's call him Sam, who also was divorced with his previous wife and had a daughter. It was almost my mom's and Sam's wedding day. He managed to cheat on her with his ex wife. My mom found out about it. She was mad. But she still forgave him because she loved him so much. So their wedding happened. They lived together for, I'd say, 8 years. Sam got a job abroad. He would only return home for 2 weeks after 3 months of work abroad. Still we lived quite happily. Then one day, my mom found evidence that he was cheating again with some russian "girl" abroad. They are divorced now. So all this time was spent with a man, who wasn't loyal, nor cared about family and gave this in return when my mom blindly loved him so much.

Can people change? will you go back with an ex who used to cheat of you and neglected you all year round with never ending? after a break can he really change? Has any one get back with an ex and regret, or the ex never changed... what do you think about getting back with someone you left for cheating and neglecting you...?would you give it another chance or would you stay away...?

Sure I'd give it another chance if I were completely insane, like straight jacket and white padded room and drool dripping out of the corner of my mouth while staring vacantly into space kind of insane. There is a saying for these kinds of situations - fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Highly applicable here.

Don't put yourself in that situation again. You should be glad you were able to get out of it once; why would you put yourself through all that trouble again.

It's perfectly acceptable to go through it once since you didn't know him and had to give him a chance and the time to get to know you but he blew it and if he were to change he would of already changed while you two were still together. If he didn't change then when you were able to stay with him through all that he never will.

Can people change?

Only if they want to and only through doing some intense therapy to get at the root of their dysfunctional behavior and to have been in that therapy for more than a year.

will you go back with an ex who used to cheat of you and neglected you all year round with never ending?

No. What's done is done.

after a break can he really change?

sure, but the question is: can he change permanently and not backslide? Is the change genuine or is it a manipulation tactic to lull me back into a stupor because I'm familiar to him?

Has any one get back with an ex and regret, or the ex never changed...

Yes. I got back with my ex and he turned around and cheated on me a second time, so no more.

what do you think about getting back with someone you left for cheating and neglecting you...?

I think that for me, it's a very, very bad, regressive idea. I already know what awaits me at the end of that road.

would you give it another chance or would you stay away...?

I'd stay away.

Can people change?

Yes. Most people are capable of changing. The question is not can they, but will they.

will you go back with an ex who used to cheat of you and neglected you all year round with never ending?

Heck no. I like myself too much for that.

after a break can he really change?

Yes... if he wants to. I'd want to see actions that demonstrate that change. Words would not be sufficient.

Has any one get back with an ex and regret, or the ex never changed... what do you think about getting back with someone you left for cheating and neglecting you...?

I tried. It failed. So no. I can't say never... but it is highly unlikely that I would make that attempt again for anyone.

would you give it another chance or would you stay away...?

I'd stay away.

Archived