Let grudges go! Forgive, forget and live longeR!

Hey you guys... I found this really useful, maybe you will too! Have fun!

link removed

It's only natural to find it difficult to forgive someone when they have done something awful to you, but it's imperative that you try - and succeed - otherwise you are just re-injuring yourself. Vengeful thoughts hurt you mentally and physically, making you discontented, cynical and stressed. It's no accident that every single great religious tradition has taught that forgiveness is the most important first step on the path to true contentment.

Try to find another way of looking at that which you need to forgive. It's often easier to at least understand someone else after you've "walked in their shoes". This is why so many people often develop a better - or at least a different - relationship with their parents after they have had children themselves. Remember that everyone brings different strengths and weaknesses to any situation, that most people do the best job they know how to do, and that it is difficult to move beyond the genetic and life skills they have inherited: They are what they are.

Also, remember that forgiveness doesn't mean that you're saying what someone has done to you is acceptable, or that you're going to forget about it. What it does mean is that you are not going to let your anger dominate you any more. You're releasing yourself.

Hi Pal,

I agree with u.

I may forgive but i nebber forget.

I remember for that for reasons that i cant regret.

I may had hurt before.

I learnt to grow strong.

I may rise above clouds

Thats not hurt or hatred all about.

It is u who had taught me tolerance of pain

It is u who had taught me signs of strength

it is u who spelt that clear, FORGET!

I am what i am,

I learnt to forgive

To remember in order to grow better,

To remember to LEARN FORGIVANCE STRONGER! ..

good luck

Good post. Learning to forgive is a difficult thing but it's necessary if we want to build better relationships and a better life after the bad things we may experience. All too often people hold grudges and this only prevents them from moving on with life. Mistakes are made and wrong things are done. But if we focus on them too much then we get get stuck in the past and aren't able to move forward. We worry and stress of it and miss out on other opportunities that are presented to us. Forgiving can put your mind at ease and help you lead a happier, less stressful life.

You should forgive, but don't forget. Use what happened as a learning experience so that whatever happened doesn't repeat itself in the future.