Boyfriend grabbed me - Am I overreacting?

pinkfluttershy

Is this the first time you messed with his computer?

My wife in the early part of our marriage would do all sorts of things, including flipping breaker switches (and I am a programmer!) if she didn't think I was paying enough attention to her or whatever.

I have ONE "non standard" rule which should be obvious but some people don't seem to understand: Don't **** with my stuff. Ever. I don't care who you are.

She doesn't do that anymore.

Now, I don't think you guys should go off groveling and apologizing to each other, you were both in the wrong and this is just going to make him feel justified in his actions. But I would highly suggest not letting this situation present itself again in this (or any future) relationships.

Also, blaming bad behavior on PMS is extremely irritating, doesn't help anything, and my wife does this to this day. For some reason, I put up with it. Ideally, I would stop doing that too if I were you.

That being said, if you don't trust your boyfriend, then that is an issue that you need to work out or end the relationship.

What he was doing on his computer was none of your business. None of it concerned you and you had NO BUSINESS trying to turn it off.

I agree, you had no business snooping or shutting his computer down. You cannot treat him like this. And you are correct, he should not grab you so hard it leaves marks. ("Potential bruising?" Did it cause bruising, or not?)

Archived